JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I searched this site for any info using 'replace tritium, restore tritium, renew tritium'. Pretty much came up blank. The only relevant thread that returned was regarding an ACOG that had been returned to Trijicon to be rebuilt. I'm afraid I know the answer to this but in no way would I ignore the collective vast knowledge and experience here. I understand there are only several manufacturers even licensed to use the material but wondering if there might be somewhere to get this done. Or do all good night sights eventually go to a retirement home in the sky? Lol

Agreed. I've never seen an option to restore or replace the vials, short of replacing the sights themselves. As I recall, the liquid is somewhat radioactive and requires special handling - breaking the vials while trying to replace them could be a problem.

A number of the custom flashlight makers are decorating them with Tritium. I have a auto knife with trit in the center of the button and the trit has died. I am thinking of sending it to one of the flashlight makers who work with trit to have the vial replaced.

Thanks to all who have commented. This is why I have followed this site. I love to learn and you all have a lot to offer. I will run down these leads and get back with any info. etrain16, as you point out, I understand handling is licensed by NRC which probably keeps all but the biggest players out.

If your sights are manufactured by Trijicon they will "relamp" them. The last set I had them relamp cost $17 per vial. Turn around time was a few days.

I believe I set up an rma from their website.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top