Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tritac shooting range

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by taylor, Mar 10, 2014.

1. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a review of the new Tritac shooting range in Salem Oregon?

2. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Tritac Shooting Range Salem Oregon

Limited Opening–ONLY for those signed up here–planned for March 15th!

http://tritacshooting.com
    According to this they're opening this weekend for "limited opening." Lots-o-info at web site.

3. SKN

SKN Keizer, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Latest e-notice I received, on 3/9, said the 'soft opening' for their mailing list enlistees is postponed until 3/22.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  4. SKN

Opening postponed, date TBD.

5. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

Wholly moly it's expensive! 400 a year or 250 for 6 months. That would make me go every single day....2 times a day, just to hang out because I would be out of ammo.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  6. SKN

'Soft' opening for those on their mailing list is tomorrow, 3/26 at 2PM.

7. SKN

Had a chance to stop by and seems to be a very nicely designed facility. 6 well lit live fire lanes, 20 yard max. distance, independently controlled retrievable target points, any caliber up to .50 I was told. Center 2 lanes for handgun or rifle, outboard lanes for handgun. $15 individual lane fee, $25 shared, unlimited time, members have no lane fee and get preference.

Non-Mil, non-LEO, non-CHL holder must view a 8 minute safety video which I would have watched anyway had I had the time because there is a cleaning bench and clearing barrel behind the firing lanes. I would not be comfortable with anyone not known to or trained by/with me handling firearms to my six even if I wore body armor. Hopefully this issue is addressed in the safety brief.

Nice display areas with handguns and MSAs, ammo prices seem reasonable because you must shoot their ammo. No waiver on that as they're concerned with the liability of having ammo being brought in, particularly if it's reloads or hand loads. They do have bulk commercial reloads, and steel case rifle ammo, in all calibers. They will sell over the counter. If they don't have your caliber in stock they may allow you to shoot your own for a small fee, and provided it meets with their approval.

The simulator room is very large with a overhead projection onto a flat wall. Weapons are Glocks and ARs, function identical to live ones including running empty and reloading. The AR can be run with red dot optics. Felt recoil is by compressed air. Scenarios can be run as individuals or teams up to 4. As with many contemporary laser simulator systems the reactions of on screen threats can be set to auto or manually controlled by the employee controlling the system who in my case is a OR DOC firearms instructor who came thru in '07 when I taught at the DPSST Academy.

Live firearms must be left outside the room and cleared at a clearing barrel at the secured storage lockers there, along with live ammo. When they add less lethal options: OC, Taser, etc, presumably operational ones will also have to be secured there.

Have a look for yourself to see if TriTac meets your needs.

doobee8 likes this.
  8. SKN

TriTac is open now 10AM-10PM daily.

9. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's been 8 months since the last post.
    I am curious if anyone here has been using the range since April and can give a more recent review.
    I do have a couple of questions, may have to call or stop by to find out but it doesn't hurt to ask......

Do they still require users to buy their ammo?
    Website says that Members have priority. Does that mean that a Member can boot you off of a lane, or simply go to the head of the line for the next available lane?

Sgt Nambu likes this.