JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just bought this. It's a clone of a CZ-75 Compact 9mm produced in Turkey by Canik55 (NATO Certified manufacturer) and imported by Tristar. Haven't shot it yet, but the machining is exceptional as is the finish. It actually looks better made than the full-sized CZ-75B I had. It comes with two high gloss high quality 13-round Mec-Gar mags. The frame is an aluminum alloy, so it's amazingly light as well. And all for about $375 total. Can't wait to take it out tomorrow.

F63B0B3D-CF25-42F9-B193-F3D583A56409-2338-000002D18CBDE5E2.jpg

Nice Pistol! I recently bought a Stingray from Cannik55. I own 6 CZ's and the machine work on the Stingray is even better.
The CZ 75B grips also fit the Stingray perfectly. It's a very solid, well made, all steel gun and with a hard chrome finish.
Unfortunately it is larger than I expected so I put it up for sale. I should have picked up the C-100.
Let us know how it shoots.

Very nice. CZ fans have been clamoring for years for an alloy-framed compact with the safety. (The only combinations that CZ sell is alloy-frame with decocker and steel-frame with safety.)

I may have to take a look at one of those. I wonder how much compatibility there is with the CZ models in terms of parts (sights, grips, springs, etc.)

TMann

I'll let you know. I have half-checkered grips ordered fm CZ-Custom and a heavier recoil springnand a reduced power hammer spring ordered from Wolff. Based on what I researched, what I ordered should work. Should be here in a few days, so we'll see. I'll post the part numbers and what worked or didn't.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OK, got the wood half-checkered CZ 75 Compact Grips and tried them out on the Tristar C-100. The milling and grip design is just enough different from a CZ-75 compact that forcing the fit would probably stress the wood enough to break them. Mainly the problem is around the back of the grip near the beavertail. The grip on the Tristar is just enough thicker that forcing the grips down tight on the gun would stress the wood right where it wraps around toward the beavertail. So, back they go to CZ Custom. From what I understand, the CZ rubber grips fit just fine because they have enough give to stretch the tiny bit needed to make them fit. The Tristar comes with full-checkered polymer grips which aren't bad, but just a tad slicker than I like. We'll find something, though, but in the interim they're fine as they are.

On the other hand, the reduced power hammer springs I got from Wolff (<broken link removed> ) fit fine with no problems with installation. I got 15 and 16 pound hammer springs and went with the 16 pound. It definitely smoothed out the double action pull and left plenty of snap in the hammer on release and in single-action mode. The Wolff SKU for the 16-pound spring is 28916 and the SKU for the 15-pound spring is 28915. The 15 pound would probably also have worked, but I'm probably going to carry the gun so I didn't want to trade reliability for a tad easier double action pull.

The increased power recoil spring (20 pound) I ordered from Wolff is due in tomorrow, so I'll report back once I get that installed. CZ (and clones) have historically had a tendency to be somewhat undersprung in terms of recoil and other Tristar owners report that the 20-pound Wolff spring is optimal in terms of reliability. I'll check it against the original spring when I take it to the range (finally) next week and shoot the thing. Work's been pretty overwhelming and my time's been eaten up every day I planned to take it out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top