JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, this thing followed me home today. Impulse buy, but I've had three Turkish made TriStar weapons to date, including two pistols and an HCP pump shotgun, and found them to be exceedingly well made firearms. None of them, however, look this cool. Comes with two mags, detachable rail mounted carry handle with integrated front and rear thumbwheel adjustable sights, additional rail mounted flip up sights if you prefer, and also a full Picatinny rail on top for a red dot optic or other optics if you wish. Comes with one tactical choke/barrel extender and is threaded to accept Benelli chokes. Takes up to 3" shells. I haven't shot it yet, but hopefully sometime over the weekend or early next week I will have had the chance to wring it out. TriStars come with a five year warranty, BTW. Longer than most, but I've never had to use it before with any of my TriStar guns.
B0EEB64A-CD86-405E-BBB8-0F19022BA405.jpeg

OOOH - That's a foxy fowling piece! How much $?
They actually had this one at Sportsmans Warehouse in Vancouver for $596. I could have bought it online at Budsgunshop.com for $562, but after I factored in my military discount at SWH and the fact I'd have to pay a transfer fee once it came in if I had it shipped, it was more or less a wash between the two. So I walked out of SWH after paying $617 including tax. If it runs ok, given what comes with it and if it's as good as the other Tristar products, it should be worth it.

Nice. Just looked it up on Gallery of Guns and you can get the black one for a little less than $600

Very interested in a range report!
Like I posted earlier, it was sitting in Sportsmanswarehouse for $596. Price may come down as they become more available, though. I normally don't buy first run guns, but I figured I'd roll the dice on this one based on my previous experience with Tristar.

Ya, guys that buy first run guns sometimes really shoot themselves in the foot!

:s0140:

SORRY! Couldn't resist!
It's ok. I'm used to it by now. I was always the guy in school and in the service and even in my second career as a psychologist who provided comic relief for everybody else. I did have a brief three year period when I was a Chief Master Sergeant (E-9) in the Air Force where I couldn't get anybody to laugh at me if I tried, but that was definitely the exception. That was one of the better zingers I've had so far, BTW, so congrats for that one. The foot/ankle is actually almost back to normal. Wearing a normal shoe, almost off all my pain meds (which I won't take if I happen to go shooting), and ending up at the end of the day in pretty good shape. All in all, not something I'd recommend to anyone as a means to learn a lesson. I'll post something once I take it out in the next few days.

Synaptic Silence: Absolutely no one in his right mind would laugh at an E-9, unless it was behind his back!:rolleyes: Now tell your chuckle here and you'll be getting more chuckles than you can shake a stick at.:D

Synaptic Silence: Absolutely no one in his right mind would laugh at an E-9, unless it was behind his back!:rolleyes: Now tell your chuckle here and you'll be getting more chuckles than you can shake a stick at.:D
It was nuts. I'd even crack jokes and stuff and people would just look at me not knowing what to do. I'm probably the least intimidating person I know, but somehow when I put eight giant stripes on my sleeve or epaulets it turned me into someone essentially terrifying. I actually made it in only 19 years in service, which is way ahead of the power curve, so I thought my youthful appearance would help that, but I think it only made it worse. Still, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. It's a pretty cool club to have been a member of.

SS; I hear ya, I made E-5 in 19 months and became the 1st Cav Division Small Arms Inspector the same day. I was given both Buck Sargent Strips and Spec 5 Strips. I would wear the Bucks in the Field(spent a Lot of time in the Field) and the Spec Strips on while in the Base Camp.

But, right now I think we have Highjacked this thread long enough.:):):)

I played with one at the Hillsboro SW store, it is interesting. Without the mag it stands up on its own. Interesting carry handle too. The placement of the safety leaves a lot to be desired.

I played with one at the Hillsboro SW store, it is interesting. Without the mag it stands up on its own. Interesting carry handle too. The placement of the safety leaves a lot to be desired.
I agree on the safety. It's an AK safety and I think with the configuration and what it's based on it might have had to go there by default. Still, it's a distraction more than anything else. YMMV, though, as is always the case in such things.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top