JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My depraved mind wondered how a drum mag would go on that bird gun. With S&B loads containing 12 #00 in each one
(15 rd mag) * 12 = 180 projectiles launched 12 at a time as fast as you can pull the trigger. Add a Poly-Joke (hey, it's already not looking like that classic English double) for range and you have a formidable piece that can probably put more lead downrange than a SMG for the 1st mag. Those who believe Joe Biden can play a recording of 2 blasts and hope the cops arrive in time.

My depraved mind wondered how a drum mag would go on that bird gun. With S&B loads containing 12 #00 in each one
(15 rd mag)Those who believe Joe Biden can play a recording of 2 blasts and hope the cops arrive in time.
It's just a guess but I think it's a good one, that Joe Biden is already surrounded by his own private/public cops. The public is called the Secret Service which we get to pay for.:mad:

I'm wondering how hard that thing is gonna kick ya in the shoulder and forward gripping hand...

I say ya find out properly and load it with 3" 00 buck :D:D

Reminds me of something funny that happened last saturday at the range.

My buddy has one of those shockwave shotgun wanna be NFA things... They're already uncomfortable to shoot, but we took our other buddy that hasn't shot it yet out with us and made him shoot it...

Both my buddy that owns the gun and myself have shot it in my yard with both 2 3/4 birdshot, and 3" 00 buck. We learned very fast we didn't like shooting 00 buck out of it lol.

So naturally we gotta make buddy #3 shoot it with a 3" magnum 00 buck snuck inside the magazine behind a couple 2 3/4" target loads lol :D:D. He shot round one, "that's pretty cool"...round two: "I like that!" round 3: "WTF?!" :eek: as we both started cracking up laughing..."you guys are arseholes!"

I really am curious though how hard it will bite with a magnum round through it.
Do it for science!

It took a bit of re-configuring (muzzle brake + shock absorbing stock) to get my vepr-12 tamed to not bite or bruise the heck out of your shoulder with magnums. Now a magnum kicks like a target load out of a normal shotgun, and a target load kicks like a proper gassed 5.56 ;)

Sure hope this one runs well for ya. I've Got a Tristar Tec 12( apparently discontinued now) that I really like. I mentioned it on a shotgun forum awhile back and got absolutely hammered for even thinking about a Turkish shotty. But this gun runs everything, including light target loads faithfully. Stuff that I have seen high end guns choke on regularly. And besides if it ever does choke I can just pump it! I am definitely a fan of the brand.

@bivy53 Turkey is a long-time member of NATO. Under Erdogan (someone highly thought of by President Trump, by the way), they've moved away from their secular constitution of late. But that's no reason to boycott their excellent weapons any more than we should boycott weapons made in the Czech Republic or Chinese/Soviet surplus guns because they're made in countries that were once committed to blowing our country off the map. Just be honest and say you're a religious bigot and be done with it. My daughter in law was born and raised in the U. S., but is a Muslim of Afghan descent. She's worked in high level jobs in the Department of Defense and the State Department. She has two bachelors degrees and a masters degree from MIT and a doctorate in political science. Her specialty is creating computer models that guide strategic planning by predicting where and when terrorist organizations will arise. As such, she's already done more to protect this country than most of the critics you reference have done or will ever do. Ignore them. They probably couldn't find Turkey on a map.

Whoa.... I think you missed the part where he said HE was hammered for even considering a Turkish brand shotgun.... didn't see anywhere that he was being a "religious bigot".

My Weatherby SA-08 is Turkish made... it really whips the llama's arse!

E2191B6F-6509-4222-856A-3F6DD7446128.jpeg

BTW- I'm adroit at finding Turkey every November.... :D

F39E87EB-8FBF-42B5-A0A3-FF526C7AA577.jpeg

@bivy53 Turkey is a long-time member of NATO. Under Erdogan (someone highly thought of by President Trump, by the way), they've moved away from their secular constitution of late. But that's no reason to boycott their excellent weapons any more than we should boycott weapons made in the Czech Republic or Chinese/Soviet surplus guns because they're made in countries that were once committed to blowing our country off the map. Just be honest and say you're a religious bigot and be done with it. My daughter in law was born and raised in the U. S., but is a Muslim of Afghan descent. She's worked in high level jobs in the Department of Defense and the State Department. She has two bachelors degrees and a masters degree from MIT and a doctorate in political science. Her specialty is creating computer models that guide strategic planning by predicting where and when terrorist organizations will arise. As such, she's already done more to protect this country than most of the critics you reference have done or will ever do. Ignore them. They probably couldn't find Turkey on a map.

WTF did anything I posted warrant this????:confused: I praise a firearm as one I thouroughly enjoy, and suddenly I'm A religious bigot? My point was that the Turks make some fine guns, one of which I own. Apology expected, right after you learn how to read.

I'm sorry for overreacting and reading between the lines. I've just seen my amazing and incredibly patriotic daughter in law go through hell and have some of the most unbelievably foul things tossed her way simply because people assume that because she's Muslim she must be anti-American. So I heartily apologize. Still, a lot of the criticisms I've seen of Turkish guns have been based on that and I think as a result my "go ballistic" trigger is apparently set to a much lower pull weight than I realized. Reading what you wrote, it's clear to me that I really did just project my own sensitivity into your post. And I wasn't criticizing you of that. Instead I just assumed that the criticism you'd received was based on the same. I totally own that and, again, I apologize to you and everyone else I might have offended. My wife often comments that I suffer from COMS (Crotchety Old Man Syndrome) and stuff like this only points out that she might in fact have a point. Mea culpa. That's Latin for "I'm a stupid bubblegum."

1) That looks a whole lot easier to shoot than the Bird's head guns. The Shockwaves make my arthritic hands hurt to look at them.
2) Re: new. Don't buy anything important and expensive (e.g. guns, motorcycles, cars, computers, etc.) in the 1st year after introduction unless you like doing the company's beta testing for them.

That said, I still think it's too kewl.

I'm sorry for overreacting and reading between the lines. I've just seen my amazing and incredibly patriotic daughter in law go through hell and have some of the most unbelievably foul things tossed her way simply because people assume that because she's Muslim she must be anti-American. So I heartily apologize. Still, a lot of the criticisms I've seen of Turkish guns have been based on that and I think as a result my "go ballistic" trigger is apparently set to a much lower pull weight than I realized. Reading what you wrote, it's clear to me that I really did just project my own sensitivity into your post. And I wasn't criticizing you of that. Instead I just assumed that the criticism you'd received was based on the same. I totally own that and, again, I apologize to you and everyone else I might have offended. My wife often comments that I suffer from COMS (Crotchety Old Man Syndrome) and stuff like this only points out that she might in fact have a point. Mea culpa. That's Latin for "I'm a stupid bubblegum."

Hey Brother, good post! We all have a bad moment ever now and then.... faggetaboutit!! :s0155:

Besides, nobody thinks you're a bubblegum as far as you know. ;):D

1) That looks a whole lot easier to shoot than the Bird's head guns. The Shockwaves make my arthritic hands hurt to look at them.
2) Re: new. Don't buy anything important and expensive (e.g. guns, motorcycles, cars, computers, etc.) in the 1st year after introduction unless you like doing the company's beta testing for them.

That said, I still think it's too kewl.
I should never take money with me to a gun store. Stuff just happens that does not involve my brain when I do that.

Apology accepted. Good to go.

Well, this thing followed me home today. Impulse buy, but I've had three Turkish made TriStar weapons to date, including two pistols and an HCP pump shotgun, and found them to be exceedingly well made firearms. None of them, however, look this cool. Comes with two mags, detachable rail mounted carry handle with integrated front and rear thumbwheel adjustable sights, additional rail mounted flip up sights if you prefer, and also a full Picatinny rail on top for a red dot optic or other optics if you wish. Comes with one tactical choke/barrel extender and is threaded to accept Benelli chokes. Takes up to 3" shells. I haven't shot it yet, but hopefully sometime over the weekend or early next week I will have had the chance to wring it out. TriStars come with a five year warranty, BTW. Longer than most, but I've never had to use it before with any of my TriStar guns.
View attachment 536748
When Saiga-12 and FN2000 had an affair...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top