JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I swear to gawd when she pulled that cone back from the little one that I heard her take a slurp from that cone before she let the hound gobble it down... she probably let's both of them lick her full on the mouth while she talks baby-talk to them. o_O

dog lovers lives matter too:oops::oops::p

I stand by my statement which comes straight from a vet - dogs bodies don't process sugar like human bodies do. Sugar to dogs is a poison like alcohol is to humans but it takes lower doses of sugar to cause injury to a typical dog.

Will an occassional cone kill the dig - probably not but it could very well lead to health problems and an make the dog sick.
Yeah that's just like the salt thing for humans. Now they say it ain't no big thing
It depends on the dog,just like humans. Yes it can be bad for 1 do and not another.
Just like humans
Dead rotten fish and bones are supposed to kill dogs but my dog would run ahead at the river and eat them without any problem. My big tough Rottweiler would get sick on some stuff
Depends on the dog. I've heard both sides of the argument from different vets
I guess it depends on the vet also
Just like doctors

But don't they have to be wearing the companion dog coat ?
It's like red or green and has some sort of verbage on it that describes working dog

If they truly are service animals, the are supposed to.

I have dogs and love mostly all dogs. When I am shopping and someone has one (unmarked by a vest/tag/sign) and they come at me thinking that it's cute (or something), I usually bring my arms up to my chest area in a terror/defensive act and loudly tell them "GET THAT AWAY FROM ME. I AM TERRIFIED OF DOGS !" They usually turn away real fast and walk away. While I am laughing under my breath.

One day while shopping a little wiener dog of some sort ran up to me and grabbed my pant leg and started pulling - in a playful manner. Obviously a puppy just playing. At home or in a dog park I would have enjoyed the puppy-play. I a grocery store with an unmarked dog running loose, I gave it a good shove with my foot which slid it about 3 feet from me across the tile floor. The owner ran and picked it up and started yelling at me saying "it just wanted to play". I told her, and her angry looking husband, "this is a damned grocery store not a dog park!" They quickly left the store.

mkwerx
Change sugar to firearms and you sound a lot like the antis . . .

Sheldon

Thats quite a stretch.

I never proclaimed a need for laws banning ice cream for dogs. Simply pointing out that ice cream and sugar are bad for dogs. Dogs aren't people and don't have the same logic abilities most people do. If you are going to take on responsibility as a pet owner you ought to know whats good for your pets and whats not - but im not calling for laws about it.

If you are going to make a gun analogy it would be more apt to compare feeding your glock a steady diet of unjacketed lead bullets or over pressured rounds is bad for it and may lead to its early demise.

I swear to gawd when she pulled that cone back from the little one that I heard her take a slurp from that cone before she let the hound gobble it down... she probably let's both of them lick her full on the mouth while she talks baby-talk to them. o_O

Damn you, I had to go back and watch it a few more times to see if you were right and I think you are.

Ray

Animal lovers, including dog lovers, bug the crap out of me. Bringing dogs in stores? F'ing retarded, if you ask me. But if the store allows it - and home depot does - then whatevs. I can always leave if it's bugging me so bad I can't pick out the right box of nails.

I don't think they're cute. I don't see why anyone sacrifices a huge chunk of their lives to the care and spoiling and HUMANIZING of these little dust balls. I especially don't understand why animal people think it's just cool/ok/copacetic to subject other people to their shedding/sneezing/slobbery/flea-ridden/demanding animal...... guess what! Everyone hates your dog! Don't bring the stupid thing along! Thanks!

But as always... in balance.... I'm 100% for anyone doing whatever facilitates their right to individual Life, individual Liberty, and individual Pursuit of Happiness. So long as it doesn't get f'ing dog hair on my jacket.

Nope, I actually agree with you to a large extent. What you're talking about is almost as bad as having people's vacation photos and pictures of their baby picking their nose foisted upon you when you visit them. LOL

My mother has a very severe case of "empty nest syndrome", and has had for years. I'm almost 50 and my sister is 46... The baby talk required from her to a SUPER skittish Chihuahua (aka rat-dog) to get it to do ANYTHING drives me effing insane... it makes me feel super compelled to practice kicking field goals, if you know what I mean. o_O

Can't hardly stand to go over there for a visit it's so obnoxious at times. :rolleyes:

Animal lovers, including dog lovers, bug the crap out of me. Bringing dogs in stores? F'ing retarded, if you ask me. But if the store allows it - and home depot does - then whatevs. I can always leave if it's bugging me so bad I can't pick out the right box of nails.

I don't think they're cute. I don't see why anyone sacrifices a huge chunk of their lives to the care and spoiling and HUMANIZING of these little dust balls. I especially don't understand why animal people think it's just cool/ok/copacetic to subject other people to their shedding/sneezing/slobbery/flea-ridden/demanding animal...... guess what! Everyone hates your dog! Don't bring the stupid thing along! Thanks!

But as always... in balance.... I'm 100% for anyone doing whatever facilitates their right to individual Life, individual Liberty, and individual Pursuit of Happiness. So long as it doesn't get f'ing dog hair on my jacket.
See this is what I was talking about with you before.
You just don't know or care that your being a dick
All you had to do is pass this nice thread by. It's for us sick animal lovers and you didn't really need to comment.
But alas you don't realize when you're being a dick so you just rain on all the animal lovers parade.

See this is what I was talking about with you before.
You just don't know or care that your being a dick
All you had to do is pass this nice thread by. It's for us sick animal lovers and you didn't really need to comment.
But alas you don't realize when you're being a dick so you just rain on all the animal lovers parade.

Let's see what the people say!

<broken link removed>

Ya know there are " those " people in just about any topic one could think of.

Cars, you have the guy that wishes he could marry his car, spends every dime and paycheck on it.
Then you have gunowners spending all that time polishing your barrels ya we know who you are.
And wow you guys growing a garden, spend hours and days to come up with bag of tomoto's and warped looking pumpkin.

The point I am making is well people do annoying sheeit, and doesn't matter if we love it or hate it.
Guaranteed if you love something there are people that hate it and vise versa.

On this subject, I found the video not annoying but not entertaining either.

I love dogs and most animals, this video did not affect me emotionally either way :rolleyes:

One day while shopping a little wiener dog of some sort ran up to me and grabbed my pant leg and started pulling - in a playful manner. Obviously a puppy just playing.

I was at a youth football game last week standing there holding my 4 month old grandson. This other jerkoff had a wire haired mutt on a leash and that mongrel jumped up at me, and I laid a size 10 Romeo in the middle of his gut and rolled his azz right over, and never even bounced the little guy at all. Told the guy to get his fing dog from jumping on people. His kid behaved about like the dog too. He just pulled him back in and moped about it.

I love dogs, I have 2 pampered big dogs, and they are very well behaved. I trained bird dogs, and trained my sons lab the last two years from puppy to complete voice commands and hand signals.

Good dog behavior begins with intelligent owners.

Bicyclists, including competition bicyclists , bug the crap out of me. Riding your bike in rush our traffic? F'ing retarded, if you ask me. But if the city allows it- and Portland sure does - then whatevs. I can always pass them or take an alternate route if it's bugging me so bad I can't share the road.

I don't think they're cool. I don't see why anyone sacrifices a huge chunk of their lives to the advocacy and protection and HUMANIZING of these little two wheeled dipbubblegums. I especially don't understand why Bicycle people think it's just cool/ok/copacetic to subject other people to their dangerous/rule violating/traffic causing/arrogant/demanding bicyclist friends...... guess what! Everyone hates your bike, and they wish you would ride somewhere else other than traffic! Don't bring the stupid thing out in rush hour and ride like an idiot! Thanks!

But as always... in balance.... I'm 100% for anyone doing whatever facilitates their right to individual Life, individual Liberty, and individual Pursuit of Happiness. So long as it doesn't get f'ing blood or bone scratches on my bumper.

Look Ben, I fixed it for you. ;)

I don't see the need to take my dogs inside anywhere with the exception of the Vet and stores like Petsmart. That being said, some people just prefer the company of their animals rather than humans, I can understand and support that. On the whole, I have always found animals to be better company than most humans myself.

The pisser i the whole animals in stires bit is that they must allow sevice animals - and the person just has to say its a service animal.
It's gotten ridiculous. I have seen so many "service" animals at WalMart it's nuts. Kittens, birds, and even
a giant boa constrictor. I can't wait to see someone walk in with a Giraffe or something.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top