JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here are some pictures, and I do mean SOME :D, of my trip to Glacier National Park in Montana and the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho last month, or more like 3 weeks ago. I hope people enjoy them. This was some of the most amazing scenery I saw in my life, if not the most beautiful. This is coming from someone who has lived all over Oregon for 20+ years, so I am very picky about my scenery. I really fell in love with Montana and Idaho and hope one day I can get some land there with a mountain backdrop.

Some of the pictures are from some pretty rigorous hikes I did in Glacier NP and Sawtooths. I climbed to the top of Swiftcurrent Pass Lookout in Glacier NP from Swiftcurrent Motor Inn, which is 4000ft hike in 6 miles or so. I also climbed the Lookout Mountain in the Sawtooth Mountains which was a 3000ft hike in 5 miles or so. Both were very challenging hikes, but both had amazing views, that left me breathless.

Here are the links:
Sawtooth Mountains

Glacier National Park

I only saw one mountain goat and that was when I was about the top of the Swiftcurrent Pass Lookout.. The goat you see in the one pic is about 8500ft near the peak of the lookout. Didn't see too many goats there, but I got to see lots of mountain sheep. I was only there for 5 days. I wish I could have spent more time there. Hopefully one day, I will be able to afford a 2 or 3 week long trip. You can literally spend a year in Glacier NP and still not see all the amazing places there.

I was planning a trip in early July but they road was not going to be cleared for another week or 2. Yellowstone is another great place to spend a week or more. Only trick is to get off the beaten path or go in sept and hope for decent weather. Last year in Glacier I never saw a sheep but swa lots of goats and babies. They let you get right up close and personal for pics.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top