JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll be flying out of PDX and am planning on taking my handgun with me. I'm aware of the procedures at the airport, but getting to the airport is what I'm worried about. I don't have the option of driving since I'm going to be gone for too long, so that would mean taking TriMet (bus and MAX).

However, I don't have my CHL yet. Is there any way I can legally take TriMet to the airport? The gun, of course, will be unloaded and I wasn't planning on taking any ammo.

Do I understand you correctly? Unloaded, no ammo, locked case suitable for airline inside luggage?

I don't ususally go for the 'don't ask, don't tell' argument but if tri-met/metro has some specific rule against transporting firearms I think this would be a case of what they don't know won't hurt them.

There is no city or state statute being violated by transporting your gun to the airport via tri-met.

I guess if you are really concerned about it get a cab.

It IS legal to carry an unloaded firearm on Tri-met if it is locked inside of luggage or a locked case. Nobody on Tri-met will want to search your luggage..........................elsullo :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top