JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have decided that in SD situation my glasses don't work and I don't have time to put on shooting lenses so I am practicing with no prescription lens. In shade the rear sights on my S&W M66 fuzz up way too much to be useful so I am thinking maybe reflex sights as I do want accuracy.

Do the Trijicon RMR work for concealed carry on a revolver. Any comments on reitcles?

Dots are great!
I feel you pain, mounting is gonna be tuff.

I went with CTC grips on all our EDC guns, my 642 smith has them.

Went to open class shooting with a delta point.

I was originally getting ready to mount an XS Smalldot, but have seen comments about their not being good for accuracy. I'm not sure what that means, but would like to be able to do reasonable accuracy at distances. I use the same revolver in competition.

I looked at the Trijicon RMR as they do not use a battery and I tend to like things as foolproof as possible.

Ok
I CORE shooter, kool.
Google Grant Cunningham
He is now in Dallas, and now gunsmith ing full time and was a huge Icore shooter.

He can help you. Him and Chris used to shoot alot at DRRC

I was originally getting ready to mount an XS Smalldot, but have seen comments about their not being good for accuracy. I'm not sure what that means, but would like to be able to do reasonable accuracy at distances. I use the same revolver in competition.

I looked at the Trijicon RMR as they do not use a battery and I tend to like things as foolproof as possible.
People say that that haven't shot them.. and or can't shoot at all.
anyway, good luck

I have decided that in SD situation my glasses don't work and I don't have time to put on shooting lenses so I am practicing with no prescription lens. In shade the rear sights on my S&W M66 fuzz up way too much to be useful so I am thinking maybe reflex sights as I do want accuracy.

Do the Trijicon RMR work for concealed carry on a revolver. Any comments on reitcles?

Question - what is your idea of SD situations where you will not already have glasses on?

Assumption - your talking about bump in the night stuff and not street carry.

Suggestion - get the grips with a laser in them. My mom can't see anything more then rough shapes but she can put a big glowing dot center mass without glasses.

Something to consider - if you can't identify the intruder 100% are you sure you want to start blasting away at them?

I am talking about carry on the street. For the home the 12 GA works better. I adhere to strict muzzle control, going to extents that would cause you to roll your eyes--real OCD stuff.

If the SD situation is not an up close and personal point shoot and I need to use the sights I have an issue with the standard adjustable sights on the M66.

I wear progressive lenses and find them awkward for shooting so have decided to train without prescription. This gets me to the front sight, but the rear sights are beyond blurry in low light or even the shade of the shooting bay, doubling up and making alignment inconsistent.

Of course in deep shade / very dim light I can't make out either the front or back. Soooo I'm looking at illuminated alternatives. I am a real curmudgeon and like to keep things really simple, but for SD I'll stretch it a bit.

I'm not a fan of lasers for pointing as I find watching the distant dot distracting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top