JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I installed Trijicon sights on my G17 and it shoots dead on at 10 yards but 6" high at 25 yards. I know I could put a higher front sight on it but I already have $140 into this set and a new front is $85. I'll give Trijicon a call tomorrow. I wouldn't mind it being 2" high at 25 but now I'm hitting over my target. Any of you experienced this?

Ok, here's the deal. I called Trijicon and explained the situation, they said the sights are made for a 10 yard zero so 6" high at 25 is normal. I told him I generally shoot at 25 yards and my shots are going over the paper target. They said they could do a one time courtesy exchange, my .211. front sight for a .245. By doing this I'm losing the XD feature as the new .245 is the standard width. He said after looking at his chart that I'll be about 2" high at 25 yards but I find this acceptable. I should have the new front sight next week.
I'm slightly disappointed in the fact that I'll end with HDs and not HD XRs but I can live with that. I like the sights otherwise.

I installed Trijicon sights on my G17 and it shoots dead on at 10 yards but 6" high at 25 yards. I know I could put a higher front sight on it but I already have $140 into this set and a new front is $85. I'll give Trijicon a call tomorrow. I wouldn't mind it being 2" high at 25 but now I'm hitting over my target. Any of you experienced this?
Edit.. disregard.. thought it was a dot sight.
No experience with that rig but perhaps think of it as a laser.. if it's 6" above the bore, and you regulate it to point where the bullets strike at 10 yards, it'll be WAY more off at longer distances.
If you regulate it such that it hits exactly the distance and position that exists on the gun and transfer that to the paper at 10 yards, there'll be pretty much zero change at 25 yards.. it'll just not be hitting where you're aiming.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads