JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking of upgrading my handgun sights been researching a little and am leaning towards the trijicon hd sights. Anyone have any experience with these?

have also considered both XS big dot and meprolight. These sights will be used on a glock 19 carry gun. I am currently using the factory glock sights.

I have them on my XDm 4.5 and really like the bright orange dot up front. With that said when I order the Apex kit for my Shield I am going with the TFO's. The constantly lit rods to me are a big plus because when you draw from a holster or if its in the bedstand they stand out immediately with no need for light to charge the sights first therefore making quick target acquisition in any light situation.

Just my $.02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I have Trijicon HD's with the large orange dot front sight on a Glock 17 and HD's with the large green dot front sight on a Glock 20.

I'm very happy with both colors however I have a slight preference for the orange large dot as the green washes out to pale white in low light where the tritium glow is not yet visible.

Beware buying on Amazon - several sellers show photos of HD's but one shipped me a set of Bright and Toughs, not HD's.

If you are considering the HD's, look at the Ameriglo ProGlo front sight with a Pro rear sight of your preference. They have the big dot up front and wide rear notch. I like the green front with a plain rear. The sights are fast to acquire and capable of precise shots.

I'd have to second the recommendation for TruGlo TFO's, if they're available for your model. Bright at night and great FO rods in daylight make them a great choice. I have them on my Sig P6 and P220. Wish I could get them on my Beretta 8000.

TruGlo TFO's

for whats it worth, I have had bad luck with TFOs on my Glock. Mine is a working gun (G19) and the TFO front sight is really long and this puts a lot of stress on the mount point. I have had two fronts come loose by having the sight get damaged, I tried JB Weld without success. Think this may be specific to Glock because of the way the front sight is mounted using a hole in the slide and the sight has a post that goes in the hole. It is the post that gets all bent out of shape so you can not keep the front sight solidly fixed. Many other guns use a different mounting system to they may have a better experience.

On a Glock I would stick to a much smaller and stubby front sight.

While they were solidly attached they were nice.

I am currently running Ameriglo fiber optic red .115 front GF-165-115R and plain black .180 rears GC-65R-180

I have Trijicon HD's on my Shield. I got them to do one hand manipulations. The colors are ok but not really useful in low light unless you 'charge' them with a flash light. Still, i like them for the use I put them to.

I have both the Trijicon HD's and a bunch of the Ameriglos. Something to consider is the HD's have a U-notch. You may or may not like this.

I'm a big fan of the Ameriglo Pro Glo fronts and the wide rear sights. My favorites are the Hackathorns, CAP's, and/or Operator or Pro Operator.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top