JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for anyone who can help me install or knows someone who can install a set of Trijicon HDs on my Sig P320.

I've found a few gun shops that can do it, but they want to charge $65-$80 for a sight swap so I figured I'd check here to see if someone in the community could help me out.

I am in a similar situation, I want some sights swapped out of an XD and the gunsmiths I have found want $60. Plus the two people I found specifically said they don't like to work on XD's, so I am not going to them. Why am I going to send someone a gun they don't work on? Pft!

The most cost effective option for me was to send my slide to a smith at the xdtalk forums - if I buy sights from him he will install free as long as I cover shipping, otherwise they charge $30 plus shipping.

There has to be a smith in the Portland Metro Area that does sight installs on an XD for a fair price, right?

Looking for anyone who can help me install or knows someone who can install a set of Trijicon HDs on my Sig P320.

I've found a few gun shops that can do it, but they want to charge $65-$80 for a sight swap so I figured I'd check here to see if someone in the community could help me out.

I just found a shop here in the 'Couve that would do my XD for cheap, I will PM you.

I am in a similar situation, I want some sights swapped out of an XD and the gunsmiths I have found want $60. Plus the two people I found specifically said they don't like to work on XD's, so I am not going to them. Why am I going to send someone a gun they don't work on? Pft!

The most cost effective option for me was to send my slide to a smith at the xdtalk forums - if I buy sights from him he will install free as long as I cover shipping, otherwise they charge $30 plus shipping.

There has to be a smith in the Portland Metro Area that does sight installs on an XD for a fair price, right?

Ya you would think! I just have a hard time paying $60 and dropping my gun off for 3 days for something I know can be done in 15 minutes with the right tool

You kinda get what you pay for when it comes to some sight installs. Refer to the link below.

@Tirving

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...l-left-my-slide-with-a-nick-out-of-it.204422/

As for $60, that's about what I charge. 50-60 Which also includes live firing and sighting in, and cleaning. It doesn't take 15 minutes! XD sights are known to be a bear to remove. I put the slide in the mill and run a carbide endmill thru the old set (5 min) and relieve the tension. Then they come right out. Fit the new set of night sights usually takes about a half hour. Sighting in and clean, maybe 20 min.
Drop it of with me and in most cases I will have it done the next day.

@Velzey is right and I am a huge fan of his work at this point, he goes above and beyond, even when it comes to a sight install. $60 can get you a scratched-up gun with new sights, that may not be aligned well, or it could be done perfectly. My experience with Tim tells me that if I drop it off with him, the latter happens, it's worth it at double the cost.

@Velzey is right and I am a huge fan of his work at this point, he goes above and beyond, even when it comes to a sight install. $60 can get you a scratched-up gun with new sights, that may not be aligned well, or it could be done perfectly. My experience with Tim tells me that if I drop it off with him, the latter happens, it's worth it at double the cost.

Thanks you both for the input. I got my last set of Trijicons put on for free by a local gun shop and had no issues, but that was on a Glock, which is obviouslyuch easier to find someone with the correct tools for that. So I hadn't really considered the extra steps a gunsmith may be taking.

Another issue from the standpoint of a gunsmith is the cost of the tools. I've tried every budget sight tool available and they work okay on some sights, but never well on anything. You really need model specific sight pushers, which can be a few hundred each. Or you do it like Velzey and machine the old sights out of tight dovetails like XD's. Either way, machinery, tooling, and the knowledge and ability to do the right means it should cost. Just my viewpoint to back up what Velzey said.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews