JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking to purchase an acog 3.5x35 for some time now. Problem is, I have always been right eye dominant(right handed), and always shoot irons and red dots with both eyes open. But, due to a really bad car accident a few years ago the lens of my right eye was bent and I now have an astigmatism. While looking at ACOGS yesterday I realized that I am now left eye dominant(at least on scopes without variable focus it would seem)even with corrective lenses. Does anybody who is cross dominant have experience shooting ACOG's? What was your takeaway? Any info would be helpful.

I have been looking to purchase an acog 3.5x35 for some time now. Problem is, I have always been right eye dominant(right handed), and always shoot irons and red dots with both eyes open. But, due to a really bad car accident a few years ago the lens of my right eye was bent and I now have an astigmatism. While looking at ACOGS yesterday I realized that I am now left eye dominant(at least on scopes without variable focus it would seem)even with corrective lenses. Does anybody who is cross dominant have experience shooting ACOG's? What was your takeaway? Any info would be helpful.
My brother is right handed but left eye dominate. I ended up just teaching him to shoot left handed. I tried to get him to shoot both eyes open but ended up compromising around him. Since you have that injury you need to adapt to the situation in my opinion its not a perfect fix but being able to hit your target will out weighs any awkwardness of shooting on your non dominate side. With time and practice you can get comfterable shooing on your non dominate side but it will take time. I'm no instructor nor claim to be a completion shooter but I have put in enough time so that I can run a gun on my weakside effectively.

My brother is right handed but left eye dominate. I ended up just teaching him to shoot left handed. I tried to get him to shoot both eyes open but ended up compromising around him. Since you have that injury you need to adapt to the situation in my opinion its not a perfect fix but being able to hit your target will out weighs any awkwardness of shooting on your non dominate side. With time and practice you can get conferrable shooing on your non dominate side but it will take time. I'm no instructor nor claim to be a completion shooter but I have put in enough time so that I can run a gun on my weakside effectively.
Same here. I can run a weapon on my weak side effectively. And generally have no trouble with irons, open holographic, and red dots. The ACOGS I've used in the past weren't an issue. I'm just asking if anyone here has experience using them that is cross dominant. I can't imagine that everyone who is CD simply switches to their non dominant hand.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top