JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Installed the Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in my AR on Monday. For the price and reviews I figured I couldn't go wrong. Tuesday at the range I fell in love with it. The price was right and shot groups improved.

Installed the Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in my AR on Monday. For the price and reviews I figured I couldn't go wrong. Tuesday at the range I fell in love with it. The price was right and shot groups improved.

Those RRA triggers have been on sale a lot lately for damn good prices. They are great triggers.

Single stage: ALG ACT with the heavier spring
  • I use this an all my AR-15's with the heavier of the two springs provided.
  • Very crisp, so "heavy" spring not an issue
  • Mil-Spec single stage trigger, so it will be reliable
  • Price is right, especially on Black Friday on ALG website

Two stage: Geissele SSA-E
  • I use this on my AR308.
  • Designed for combat - great for long range without being too twitchy, works like a single stage during rapid fire.
  • Combat proven
  • Takeup is smooth as silk, second stage "breaks like a carrot".
  • Also good Black Friday deals on Geissele website. Plan ahead...

I use Timney in our bolt rifles. Fitting one in a Ruger is a bit tedious, but darn well worth the effort.

I've got an AR pistol and it's trigger only feels long and gritty when I'm trying to be very precise. I believe it's a two stage and I have no issue with the long take up, but I'd sure like it to be smooth.

I have a timmney match single stage and a geissle match which is so smooth it makes me cry when I shoot it.

Overall I like the timmney best though. Hardly know it moved and it breaks like a glass rod.

I use Timney in our bolt rifles. Fitting one in a Ruger is a bit tedious, but darn well worth the effort.

I've got an AR pistol and it's trigger only feels long and gritty when I'm trying to be very precise. I believe it's a two stage and I have no issue with the long take up, but I'd sure like it to be smooth.
You know before I got the nice triggers I used jewelry rouge and smeared it all over where the trigger and sear touch then dry fired a couple hundred times being careful to pack the rouge back when it wore off the contact point.

It was 100% better than the POS it was before. Cheap trigger. Smooth as baby bubblegum.

Brimstone in Vancouver/Camas did a really nice job on a Mini 14 I've been hottrodding. Mailed a clumsy, gritty trigger group to them and got it back a week and a half later with a really light, crisp break. Good price, excellent customer service. I'd assume they do ARs too.

Here's their website:
Bringing traditional gunsmithing into the 21st century.

Not sure what weapon I'll upgrade next, but I'll give them a crack at the trigger.

Always liked this one.....:rolleyes:

th?id=OIP.FndyhoV4nWavyqnwtYuMLQDuEs&pid=15.1.jpg

I'm a bit cheap about certain things. I'm into getting upgraded triggers, but don't want to spend a lot of money. I've got two rifles with a CMC single-stage. I love their responsiveness. At their price, I don't think you can beat them!

Wilson Combat TTU 3G Trigger. It's simply fantastic and every bit as good as their 1911 triggers.

Details: Single stage drop in trigger. VERY little takeup. Light crisp break. Short reset. Wilson is accurate when the say 5 minute install.

They make several variations of triggers including two stage triggers.

Various Trigger Reviews if Interested:
The AR-15 Drop-In Trigger Roundup - The Truth About Guns
AR15 trigger comparison thread (updated in post 2, cleaned up for 2013) - Calguns.net
Trigger test - Which trigger is "best" for you?
Trigger/Fire Control Groups tested and evaluated - the "BEST" trigger for you??? - AR15.COM

You know before I got the nice triggers I used jewelry rouge and smeared it all over where the trigger and sear touch then dry fired a couple hundred times being careful to pack the rouge back when it wore off the contact point.

It was 100% better than the POS it was before. Cheap trigger. Smooth as baby bubblegum.

I've considered something like this. Might just give it a try. Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top