JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Installed the Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in my AR on Monday. For the price and reviews I figured I couldn't go wrong. Tuesday at the range I fell in love with it. The price was right and shot groups improved.

Installed the Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in my AR on Monday. For the price and reviews I figured I couldn't go wrong. Tuesday at the range I fell in love with it. The price was right and shot groups improved.

Those RRA triggers have been on sale a lot lately for damn good prices. They are great triggers.

Single stage: ALG ACT with the heavier spring
  • I use this an all my AR-15's with the heavier of the two springs provided.
  • Very crisp, so "heavy" spring not an issue
  • Mil-Spec single stage trigger, so it will be reliable
  • Price is right, especially on Black Friday on ALG website

Two stage: Geissele SSA-E
  • I use this on my AR308.
  • Designed for combat - great for long range without being too twitchy, works like a single stage during rapid fire.
  • Combat proven
  • Takeup is smooth as silk, second stage "breaks like a carrot".
  • Also good Black Friday deals on Geissele website. Plan ahead...

I use Timney in our bolt rifles. Fitting one in a Ruger is a bit tedious, but darn well worth the effort.

I've got an AR pistol and it's trigger only feels long and gritty when I'm trying to be very precise. I believe it's a two stage and I have no issue with the long take up, but I'd sure like it to be smooth.

I have a timmney match single stage and a geissle match which is so smooth it makes me cry when I shoot it.

Overall I like the timmney best though. Hardly know it moved and it breaks like a glass rod.

I use Timney in our bolt rifles. Fitting one in a Ruger is a bit tedious, but darn well worth the effort.

I've got an AR pistol and it's trigger only feels long and gritty when I'm trying to be very precise. I believe it's a two stage and I have no issue with the long take up, but I'd sure like it to be smooth.
You know before I got the nice triggers I used jewelry rouge and smeared it all over where the trigger and sear touch then dry fired a couple hundred times being careful to pack the rouge back when it wore off the contact point.

It was 100% better than the POS it was before. Cheap trigger. Smooth as baby bubblegum.

Brimstone in Vancouver/Camas did a really nice job on a Mini 14 I've been hottrodding. Mailed a clumsy, gritty trigger group to them and got it back a week and a half later with a really light, crisp break. Good price, excellent customer service. I'd assume they do ARs too.

Here's their website:
Bringing traditional gunsmithing into the 21st century.

Not sure what weapon I'll upgrade next, but I'll give them a crack at the trigger.

Always liked this one.....:rolleyes:

th?id=OIP.FndyhoV4nWavyqnwtYuMLQDuEs&pid=15.1.jpg

I'm a bit cheap about certain things. I'm into getting upgraded triggers, but don't want to spend a lot of money. I've got two rifles with a CMC single-stage. I love their responsiveness. At their price, I don't think you can beat them!

Wilson Combat TTU 3G Trigger. It's simply fantastic and every bit as good as their 1911 triggers.

Details: Single stage drop in trigger. VERY little takeup. Light crisp break. Short reset. Wilson is accurate when the say 5 minute install.

They make several variations of triggers including two stage triggers.

Various Trigger Reviews if Interested:
The AR-15 Drop-In Trigger Roundup - The Truth About Guns
AR15 trigger comparison thread (updated in post 2, cleaned up for 2013) - Calguns.net
Trigger test - Which trigger is "best" for you?
Trigger/Fire Control Groups tested and evaluated - the "BEST" trigger for you??? - AR15.COM

You know before I got the nice triggers I used jewelry rouge and smeared it all over where the trigger and sear touch then dry fired a couple hundred times being careful to pack the rouge back when it wore off the contact point.

It was 100% better than the POS it was before. Cheap trigger. Smooth as baby bubblegum.

I've considered something like this. Might just give it a try. Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top