JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have several ARs. None have GI spec triggers any more. Three have remained dead reliable no matter what trigger I swap in. A few have been more finicky and are definitely for fun only. Yes, I can always go back to standard and the PSA EPT triggers aren't bad.

It's been a mix of PSA triggers. 2 stage & 3.5lb. A CMC 3.5lbs drop in. Two Larue 2 stage. One I used the PSA EPT but went with a lighter spring kit.
Like I said, I have 3 rifles that run no matter what. 2 factory builds and one Frankenbuild. What experience have any of you have with aftermarket triggers.

Last Edited:
I run the CMMG Mil Spec "Tuned" triggers on mine and they are very reliable and consistent! I don't need a match grade unit, or anything fancy, all I require is a consistent trigger pull and as little creep as possible!

Last Edited:
I should have ended with, what experience have any of you have with aftermarket triggers.

Ah. The light is on!!! ;)

In my 18.5" heavy barrel SS spiral fluted Varminter with a 8x-24x scope I have a Velocity 3lb drop-in trigger. The price was right, and I love it. Single stage trigger. No creep, no grit, glass-rod break, no post travel.

In my 10" Home Defense pistol with KAK cheek brace, I have an ALG ACT Combat trigger. It's based on the mil spec trigger, but has polished surfaces. I've put a JP Enterprizes spring kit with it. About a 5lb pull (vs 10-12lb for milspec), a reliability hammer spring. No grit, some take-up (pre-travel), predictable break.

I've used a PSA mil spec trigger (came in a LPK) and hated it. 12lb pull, lots of pre-travel, lots of grit, mushy and unpredictable break, too much post-travel. Ugh.

Last Edited:
I have a Timmney skeleton in one my Ar's and it froze up solid after sitting for a couple years. Probably the type of grease I used. It came back to life but I had to completely disassemble and clean it.

I like Geissele, LaRue, Timmney and CCMG. I find that I like a two stage in a rifle, usually totaling around 5 lb unless it's a bench gun. Then I'm happy anywhere near 1.5 lb single stage and 3 lb two stage.

I've had several mil-spec AR triggers and I don't recall any at 12 lb. I'm going to guess and say never much more than maybe 6-8 lb. And I had a revolver with a trigger spec'd at 12 lb in double action, so I have a good idea how much that is.

Can anyone help me with finding the width of the Anderson Manu. Lowers Parts kit hammer? I am looking for a budget lower parts kit that have hammers 0.265'" wide or slimmer to work in my impending A3 Tactical lower for the Stribog. Having trouble getting in contact with the the company.

Thanks.

I honestly prefer Rise Armament... price $100-140 and outperforms Geissele... get the Blaze or the 434
I never ran a "high end" trigger. I have felt some nice custom jobs. For single stage I like the POF 4.5 lbs. Not the best feeling but it does have a confident break unlike some lighter triggers that work but have a mushiness to them. For 2 stage I like the LaRue MBT. Not head and shoulders above the PSA 2 stage but still better.

CMC straight trigger, a fistful of the Rise 140's, 2 POF's ( that came in my POFs), and another one POF from AIM surplus, one Geissele.
The CMC feels different maybe because it's the only straight trigger, the Geissele is a 2 stage- It's nice but I prefer the single stage Rise and POF's.
POF's were a bit easier to install, they have compressible rubber strips on the bottom to get a secure fit in the receiver, the Rise have a couple of set screws you need to tighten. Hardly a big hassle though.
I'd say the POFs and Rise are a wash, both very crisp. Both wayyy way better than any Mil Spec that's come OEM on a rifle ( DD, LMT or LWRC).
The Rise were about $90 from Dvor, the POF from AIM was $109 I think. No issues in any 308 or 556. Not tried them in a PCC.

CMC straight trigger, a fistful of the Rise 140's, 2 POF's ( that came in my POFs), and another one POF from AIM surplus, one Geissele.
The CMC feels different maybe because it's the only straight trigger, the Geissele is a 2 stage- It's nice but I prefer the single stage Rise and POF's.
POF's were a bit easier to install, they have compressible rubber strips on the bottom to get a secure fit in the receiver, the Rise have a couple of set screws you need to tighten. Hardly a big hassle though.
I'd say the POFs and Rise are a wash, both very crisp. Both wayyy way better than any Mil Spec that's come OEM on a rifle ( DD, LMT or LWRC).
The Rise were about $90 from Dvor, the POF from AIM was $109 I think. No issues in any 308 or 556. Not tried them in a PCC.
I asked them to make one for the Scar17s

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads