JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an Extar EP9, which uses the AR trigger group:

Extar EP9 9mm Glock Mag PDW - $419 - Buy Factory Direct

After just a couple of shots, I notice that the pin that the trigger revolves around creeps out entirely from one side of the weapon (L > R). So the pin is completely out of the left side of the receiver, but held in still by the force of the trigger spring. I then have to stop, realign the trigger and tap it back in. At the range. Not fun. Then it happens again a few shots later!

How can I stop this from happening?

Not sure if Extar uses a milspec type pin ?
There could be a pin retention system that they use, that is fouled up.
I would contact them.

For a milspec pin with a cassette trigger, there are several ways to retain the pins.
One is buttonhead screws...
XCMC91401__63124.1554220157.386.513.jpg

Just eyeballed my EP9. It appears to use the milspec system to retain the trigger pin.
Groove on each side of the trigger pin---the long tails of the hammer pin sit in the
grooves on top of the trigger pin. I can push my trigger pin back and forth maybe
1/16" before the hammer pin tails hit the inside of the receiver. Check your trigger
pin to make sure it has the grooves, make sure the hammer spring is installed correctly with
the tails on top of the trigger pin.

Just eyeballed my EP9. It appears to use the milspec system to retain the trigger pin.
Groove on each side of the trigger pin---the long tails of the hammer pin sit in the
grooves on top of the trigger pin. I can push my trigger pin back and forth maybe
1/16" before the hammer pin tails hit the inside of the receiver. Check your trigger
pin to make sure it has the grooves, make sure the hammer spring is installed correctly with
the tails on top of the trigger pin.
Good intel !

Here is a visual supplement...
c1653e62315e722f395d1d98c6a1f4e9.gif

is it a mil-spec fire control group or at least built to similar standards?

should be grooves in the pins.

There should be a small bit of spring on the hammer and on the disconnector/trigger that will fall into the groove to keep it centered in the rifle. If it is gummed up or any of the parts are out of spec it won't stay in place like it should.

No offense meant, but why am I not surprised? Extar is new to producing these guns and is "beta testing" its design to the general public.

Good news is they are working on a 10mm. I'll let others flush out the problems and then I may get one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top