JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't have any kids, but then again I am just 18. But I have friends over and my brother recently bought me a Mossberg Mav 88, And I have no safety features except hiding the Ammo. So I'm looking at a Trigger lock alot like the one linked below. Any advice?

<broken link removed>

The best trigger lock I have every come across is called the Gun/Trigger Guard. It is the only lock I use on my guns at home, office or car. They are very intuitive, quick on and off and very secure.

My attorney actually introduced them to me a couple months back as one of his client's invented them. I have never really liked trigger locks but after trying this one, I'm a believer. He ended up sending me several boxes and I have been selling them at shows for $10, which is less than half of MSRP.

There are a bunch at our shop right now but I will post pics tomorrow. They do not require a key to open(or lose), come with instructions, fit almost all guns(I have on for my Glock, Taurus revolver, Rem 700 rifle, etc.) and the kit also includes a teflon coated cable portion that will help with guns like 1911's that have a solid trigger.

With a three year old nephew running around, $10 is CHEAP insurance!!

how will it rust sitting in a cloth case? and i bring it out everyonce in a while to check it.

And this thread is kinda old and i figured it out thanks though.

i belive, if they cant see it they cant steal it.

however, if one of your friends or bro blabs his mouth off, then good luck. having ammo around is a give away.

you can use a lock, but bolt cutters will make short work of the lock. even a hack saw or sawzall.

btw, i have most of my guns in cases and they are fine. However, if you put a wet/moist/damp gun in the case, then all bets are off.

yearly, i will check/clean/lube all of my guns and so far the only gun that has rusted, was a nickel one and a rilfe in my safe (where the barrel touched the safe lining).

if i had a choice, i would NOT keep them in cases, but they protect the finish better.

well they know that i have it i just dont want them playing with it and being able to pull the trigger. i doubt theyd cut it off at all. and my gun has never seen the out side yet except in dry Las Vegas. so i doub't it'll rust. and i hide the ammo so no one can see it.

I finally dug a few guns out to snap some pics for everyone here. I have a full kit at the shop so I'll grab one this weekend and finally take photos of everything that comes in the package.

The actual trigger blocking portion can be custom ground to fit your gun. I've modded one to fit my G19, one to work on my 870 and a few others just drop right into a Taurus 65, my recently sold Rem 700 and the P3A-T pictured below.

This is a great tool that can come off VERY fast with a little practice. I once read a study that stated the first 3 to 5 seconds within waking abruptly, one's mind is not functioning at even half capacity and trying to complete dexterous tasks is next to impossible. Basically, the idea behind the lock is to help you get yourself on task.

We've tested them at the house where I'll take a nap and my brother will start banging on the locked door to see how fast I can get to the gun and unlock it. Pretty damn fast after I practiced for 10 minutes and understood the locking mechanism.

Here are a few pictures. Currently, I have about 36 or so of these locks. Would love to sell a few here!

Mike

I have about 36 at the shop and we will have a table at this weekend's PDX gun show and there will be plenty o' locks there if you're coming by!!

Thursday, all day, I'll be at the shop all day if you want to come by. Just give me a call before you show up. Thanks! Mike

Thanks for the trigger lock I bought from ya. it doesn't fit my trigger but the use of the cable works the same

You are very welcome! What kind of gun do you have? Also, do you have a dremel? ;) It will fit most guns(1911's and solid triggers are a no-go) with a little work.

The cable is extremely strong and covered in a teflon coated shell to eliminate scratching of your barrel or action.

Thanks again and please let me know if you need any more. I've got 40 or so more! :s0155:

try the fire stations they used to giev them away

+1....some of the PD around here used to just give the cable style locks away for free.

Just my two cents, if you have young kids or lots of people with access or easy access to your firearm, I'd lock it up. Better safe than sorry...just my two cents.

A trigger lock also does not prevent it from growing legs and walking away. +1 for locking them up.

True, but this thread is more pointed at keeping individuals safe in the home environment.

I don't keep all my guns in the safe all the time. Takes too long to get to them if I need one. My bedside gun gets locked up during the day(if I'm going somewhere I can't carry it) and either has a trigger lock or cable through it so my 3 year old nephew doesn't fire it when it's on my night stand or hidden in my room.

The advantage to the locks I sell are no keys to lose. Every try cutting a lock off while under stress 'cause you lost the key? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top