JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, I wanted to get the ball rolling on this and see if anyone else has attempted to do a trigger job on one of these rifles.

I've attempted to do one over the weekend, and have had mixed results. The Calico has a pretty heavy trigger out of the box (mine was 7 3/4 lbs) and I wanted to try and lighten it up. Once I got going, two things I noticed right off the bat that make attempting one difficult is that the trigger group is only very slightly positive, and there isn't a whole lot of engagement there to begin with. The other thing is that the sear return spring seems to be they key to a lot of the weight.

OK, so this is what I have accomplished... I polished and deburred the backside of the hammer, polished and deburred the points on the sear where the hammer makes contact, and also cut EXACTLY one coil off of the return spring. The results are that the trigger group feels a LOT smoother, let-off is crisper, and travel feels like it is less. Notably the pull weight on the trigger has gone down to about 5 1/2 lbs. Trigger group also safety checks just fine. Thing is I would like to shave a little more off the pull weight, but not really sure what else could be done. Don't want to remove any more metal as like said, it doesn't feel like there is a whole lot of engagement there to begin with. Likewise I really don't want to remove any more from the spring as I wish to maintain the positive sear engagement.

Any thoughts?

Well, doesn't look like there is much activity over there... hasn't been any activity in the M-100 forum in over a year. Still awaiting confirmation of my registration.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top