JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone have experience with minimalist trigger guard holsters? What position do carry and what gun? Thanks in advance.

I have a leather holster for my gp100 6" that leaves the trigger guard wide open. But has a strap to trap the hammer closed.

Never had an issue with it in the woods. I rarely carry it in the city.

I have a leather holster for my gp100 6" that leaves the trigger guard wide open. But has a strap to trap the hammer closed.

Never had an issue with it in the woods. I rarely carry it in the city.
I'm not sure but I think he's talking about an iwb clip. Like the Vanguard 2 from Raven.
I own one that I used with a G19. I don't feel they're worth the money. No sweat guard, front site exposed, nothing to stop the metal on your jeans from scratching the hell out of the gun.
Not that I own any safe queens. I only own guns I carry. As such the finish on my guns have some wear. But that's what the finish is for.

I just use a DeSantis Pro Steath holster inside my car for long drives. For driving just a few hours I carry IWB.

D983337A-4AAF-429F-90FA-32B13DF9D9D6.jpeg

https://www.desantisholster.com/pro-stealth/

If you carry while you drive, can you get to your pistol in a hurry? Check this guy out. I have purchased a shoulder holster from him. The best part of that is that it has a strap across your back that does away with the belt loops on either side. You pull your pistol and the strap keeps both sides rock solid for a sure pull. www.Andrewsleather.com

In this video he makes what he calls a Carjacker Cross Draw for a P365. He does do nice work.

Does anyone have experience with minimalist trigger guard holsters? What position do carry and what gun? Thanks in advance.
The ones I have seen I see zero benefit. They are just as bulky in width as a regular holster and crate a lot of potential drawbacks. My holsters are already minimalist, are reliable, and fit well. No need at all in my view of trying to go smaller and I see a lot of downsides including: potential for snagging, less comfortable, difficulty in reholstering, possibility for gun to come out unintentionally as less of gun is held compared to regular reliable holster, possible difficulty in 100% reliable and consistent draw due to potential for gun to be put of position more, more potential for printing as more outlines and edges of the gun are exposed, on some guns there may be more risk of AD when reholstering.

Last Edited:
I've got a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 VG2 for my P365. I use appendix style and gun is readily available, retains weapon firmly and draws nicely from this position. I do have to remove the device and snap back onto the gun before returning to the carry position. My opinion is that you won't find a lesser option for AIWB available (I mean how could you other than simply tucking the gun into your belt to which this pretty much is just that, with trigger protection). There is no protection to the gun from sweat and no protection to your bare skin from cold gun metal but it does a great job at concealment.

Having carried various guns (that I didn't feel the trigger needed to be covered) just stuck in my belt over the years. When I looked to carry a striker fired pistol sans holster I acquired a "minimalist trigger guard holster" that has a para cord attached to secure to ones belt. It now sits in the reject holster box.

They require the use of two hands to apply, potentially disrupt a smooth draw and presentation, are once more a pain to re-holster especially when you may need a free hand.

I am much happier carrying a CZ-75 variant, holster no holster, all good.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top