Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

TRIGGER ANTI WALK PINS~EVER NEEDED THEM?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by doubletap007, Jan 6, 2012.

1. doubletap007

doubletap007 Beaverton Active Member

I have a timney trigger in my pof lower and noticed tonight when i pull the charging handle back both trigger pins just slide right out.
    the newest model gen lll lower from pof has these from factory.
    does anyone else have a timney trigger or the same issues with trigger pins from other triggers such as geissele?
    know of local place to get anti walk pins?

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Not on that. Of all the many AR's I have owned or worked on only one has had a pin issue. Changed FCG and pins with no luck. It now wears KNS pins and obviously they stay put.

If I had a $$$$ gun like that I would be contacting POF, that is what you are paying $$$$ for.

3. doubletap007

thanks nwcid,
    i was going to call pof and ask if they had a fix kit(anti walk pins)for this,as im sure mine is not the only one doing it.the gun is brand new so it's not from wear or anything and i would imagine they have heard this complaint before but i dont really want to wait for them to send the fix or even worse have to send it in.
    the timney is such a nice trigger but it says on their website drops right in!...so i think it's more of a timney thing than a pof thing.
    either way pof and timney are very expensive and high end products so i wouldn't expect that from either company.
    my daughters cheap little dpms ar15 is as tight as can be.

4. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

There's got to be something internal that keeps the pin(s) in place. Obviously the original design used the hammer/trigger springs...nothing like that with the drop in trigger?

5. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Tighten the screws, whoever installed the trigger didn't do it right. The timney has two screws on each side. Back the upper screws out, tighten the lower screws, then reinsert and tighten the upper screws. You can use blue loctite if you're paranoid. I have 3 timneys and they have never loosened, that's without loctite.

6. Eric911

Eric911 WA Member

FYI Bill Geissele specifies not to use the anti-walk pins on his triggers, but to use the supplied ones.

7. nubus

nubus Guest

I use KNS pins because I want the hammer to rotate on the pin, not the pins to rotate and wear my lower.

8. doubletap007

the timney comes factory with pof ar's so it was installed in the factory.i will pull the trigger and check for the screws you mentioned.
    that sounds logical.
    these screws are not visible from the top right?

9. doubletap007

they do make a nice little spot to keep your finger off the trigger too dont they?

10. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Not visible but you should see two holes that you can insert an allen wrench. Instructions: http://timneytriggers.com/InstallInstructions/AR 15 Instructions rev. 5-28-07.pdf

11. doubletap007

12. doubletap007

that worked!i never would have figured that out without that link.who would think there was a screw under a screw?
    im so glad i dont have to have those stupid looking pins on the side of my rifle now.(no offense to anyone who has them)just dont want the extra stuff on the lower.maybe if they made them with a cool design(skull,cross,deer head,etc)there's an idea for someone to make money.
    so the 2 holes under the springs is the screws you have to remove,and be careful not to strip the aluminum.
    timneytrigger.jpg