JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DNR is so full of it. They conned you guys into cleaning it up so they could simply close it in a clean state and not have to do any work. Duh...

We will continue to shoot there. I always clean up and even pick up my .22 brass.

Maybe DNR should focus on keeping their culverts clean they clog by steep slope clear cutting and destroying the Kennedy Creek watershed every year by causing landslides due to improper maintenance of our forest roads.

Now the trash will not be consolidated and easy to clean up, but spread across the entire forest.

The Capitol Forest is our land and I will continue to do what I want when I want on public (not DNR owned) property.

Someone can pass that along to the power hungry buds at DNR who know what's best for us. I'm glad they laid off tons of employees.

I have very very exciting news.

I just spoke with the DNR about another gravel pit we'll be cleaning.

During the conversation the DNR said they took the advise of creating a "stewardship group" for the site and that it's worked amazing. He said he's never seen the place be so clean for such an extended period of time, and because of this the DNR is beginning to look at doing this for other sites. I can't tell you how excited I am that they took the advice and now understand how a sense of ownership can change things!

This is a big change in mentality for the DNR and very good for the future of shooting pits on DNR land.

Smiling ear to ear

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads