Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Trial post

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by skidoo j, Oct 4, 2012.

1. skidoo j

skidoo j Southern Oregon Member

I've been trying to create a new thread in the handgun discussion for a few days and I keep receiving an error.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. skidoo j

Am I not allowed to post in the handgun discussion areas because this test just posted?

3. skidoo j

What in the heck. For two days I've been trying to post in the Handgun forum. Today I tried several times on two different computers. I decide to post a test in ?/comments and am successful, So I immediately went back to the handgun forum and it let me post. Baffled as at best 2 minutes elapsed time, same computer and web browser, since the prior three attempts within an hour and now it posts???? Hey atleast it's working
    :)

4. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

see thats how the forum sucks you in it messes up till your on a mission to get it right..lol

glad you made it

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

The biggest issue most people have is they try to click the state quick search under the section, rather than the actual section. If you want to sell a handgun in Oregon and you click "Handguns in Oregon" on the main page, it performs a search, and will not show the new thread button. If you click Handgun Classifieds on the main page it will show you all the ads, but will also show you the button to create a new thread. Hope this helps :)

6. skidoo j

It was either a forum issue or a plugin in having issues. I did not change anything to my approach or use of the forum. Only reloaded cleared cache, cookies, reset modem. Then sent an email to the moderators, posted in this test forum, went back and it let me post in the handgun discussion forum. Thanks for trying to help. You can close this thread too.

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'm happy you got it working :)

8. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Congrats on success