JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems reasonable, and if this is what it takes to keep the ability to have Matches, then it makes sense. And I do agree with the fact that the Action Shooting needs the Range, not the other way around. Hard to have a Match without a range. And it is not like any USPSA Match is a big money maker for the Range, considering the low price to participate.

Here is the snapshot from the video;

Seems reasonable, and if this is what it takes to keep the ability to have Matches, then it makes sense. And I do agree with the fact that the Action Shooting needs the Range, not the other way around. Hard to have a Match without a range. And it is not like any USPSA Match is a big money maker for the Range, considering the low price to participate.

Here is the snapshot from the video;

In the video, almost every time the shooter loaded his pistol, reloaded during the stage and cleared his pistol at the end of the stage the muzzle was pointed over the berm. The signs on the berms aren't doing much.

Private ranges get public support by offering shooting opportunities to the general public and allowing a place for law enforcement to train. Action shooting benefits private ranges by revenues, increasing volunteers and increasing range membership. Most important, members of a range are usually members of a shooting organization and/or regularly attend a club sanctioned shooting match.

I am curious how this works out for TCGC.

Go take a look at the newly installed baffles on the pistol range- less than two months old and already filled with holes. There appear to be a number of incompetent morons or malicious jackasses abusing this facility to the extent that it's not unreasonable to expect that rounds are leaving the range. Unfortunately, we all end up paying for this abuse by having to follow seemingly ridiculous safety protocols.

Go take a look at the newly installed baffles on the pistol range- less than two months old and already filled with holes. There appear to be a number of incompetent morons or malicious jackasses abusing this facility to the extent that it's not unreasonable to expect that rounds are leaving the range. Unfortunately, we all end up paying for this abuse by having to follow seemingly ridiculous safety protocols.

of gun ranges: if its down range its going to get shot.

I shot at TCGC over the weekend. We talked about the Muzzle over Berm Rule and no one in my squad broke it, a couple came close and we just made them aware of it after the stage.

On that video, the muzzle over berm while re-loading looked to me like simply habit rather than necessity. I bet if shooters were penalized every time it happened, they'd quickly learn to re-load with the muzzle pointed lower. It needn't be a go-home offense; just move toward a new standard, with talk and point penalties for violators. Old habits will be hard to break, but they can be broken.

- You can do a fast and effective reload with anything you want without pointing it over the berm. It may be slightly slower but if that is the rule for the competition than the playing field is level and that is all a competitor can ask for. I understand that a lot of people are upset that the hours and money they spent working on a muzzle high reload will now be a liability until they retrain. I have also noted that a lot of high level competitors will frequently keep the muzzle low in a reload during movement already.
Based on my match results at major 3 gun matches I am only 70% as fast/good as the top level competitors on my best days, but I can pretty much guarantee that my muzzle low reload will not be so much slower than their muzzle high reload as to account for the differences in the scores and make no realistic difference in a self defense setting. My 2cents.

I was under the impression this was already a rule. Whenever I go through the rules to a buddy or family member I bring out, muzzle always pointed downrange at the targets, loaded or unloaded. Never up, never down. If I'm alone, I'm using a holster, and I still follow that protocol. All but pointed down when I'm re bolstering.

Thank you for the informed reply Jason, I was waiting for your post lol. Did the woman ever take to that robar g17, or did she go back to a real setup like a da/sa haha J/K.

I don't mean to make light of this topic but while reading through this thread it makes me think of this video and keeping in your workspace. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads