JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Received my brochure the other day for proposed changes
Did not spend a lot of time reading it but it looks like they are making two distinct classes of regular members,
Membersd who are greater than 1 year of memebership - Who pay and get tyo vote.
Those who have less than one year - who pay the same as regular - But get no voting priviledges.

SO what gives You pay the same but do not get voting rights?

Sounds like they are afraid of new people coming in and making changes

Think of the first year as a probationary membership.

They make you pay extra to join too. Is that unfair?

It's a private club. Don't like the rules (I think some of them are way stupid personally) dn't pay your money and don't join.

H

When first you join, you just want to go there and shoot. After a few visits and a couple of "run-ins" with the range officers who further clarify the rules for you, you may want to do something about some of those you are not too happy about. By the time you have gathered enough information, experienced the club enough to speak from experience, you've been a member one year.

They've been around many years, seen thousands of members come and go. Had their fair share of trouble with the community and former members. In short, I don't see a problem. They are the most complete club in the area, have the best bang for the buck. I will support whatever they think they need to do to stay in "business". If one day I don't like it bad enough, then, I will try run for one of the elective positions. If elected, I am sure I will gain a much better understanding.

I don't think new people should be able to make changes. Heck, it takes a year to get familiar with that facility anyways. Seems like a smart move to me.

Oh, and I'm still one of those new people (member since March).

I see nothing wrong with making people wait a year to vote.

I reluctantly renewed this year. They sure seem to love politics there...I just like to shoot. If I was closer to Douglas Ridge, I wouldn't hesitate to leave Tri County.

I left Douglas ridge because they feel over there that the long range rifle matches take priority over all other shooting. An example is that on Memorial day weekend that prevents most other shooting from occuring. Even though I have had a few issues with TriCountry gung ho range safety officers and that it is about half again as far from my home - I vote for Tricounty. I can always shoot some type of firearm at TriCounty. I can shoot when I want to.

James Ruby

Sounds like there are issues no matter where you go. I left Four Corners in Salem because it seemed like every time I went to shoot there was some event that kept me from using one or more ranges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top