JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, since Albany Rifle and Pistol Club banned magnetic ammo, i needed a new place to shoot. So i joined Tri-County and went shooting there for the first time yesterday. I liked everything about it. Nice facilities, nice people.

I wish it was a bit closer to Salem, but people keep telling me i can't have everything. None of them can tell me why though...

I wish their site was a bit more descriptive of the facilities and shooting available. Pictures of the place would be great as well.

Example - they have lots of clay shooting. Do you have to pay per round? Do you bring your own clays and throw yourself?

It's close by to me and I am very tempted to get a membership there. I find ranges much more enjoyable to outdoor free-for-all places. Just seems like too many accidents waiting to happen.

I sent them an e-mail asking for a tour. They told me to show up at 1300 on a Sunday and a Range Officer took me around and showed me the whole place. You should do the same; during the tour you can get your questions answered.

I'll have to e-mail them then. I tried calling a few times but no one seems to answer there (which I probably shouldn't be surprised by). Thanks for the info!

i find tri county to be worth the 60+mile round trip from my house worth it. it beats the dives we have around here that charge 15$ a day to shoot. the 120$ membership fee is well worth it for the use of such a large facilty

I wish their site was a bit more descriptive of the facilities and shooting available. Pictures of the place would be great as well.

Example - they have lots of clay shooting. Do you have to pay per round? Do you bring your own clays and throw yourself?

It's close by to me and I am very tempted to get a membership there. I find ranges much more enjoyable to outdoor free-for-all places. Just seems like too many accidents waiting to happen.

You are free to use the shotgun clay range when there is no shooting event going on. You need at least two people. One to operate the clay thrower and one to shoot. Bring your own clays.

I've emailed the listed shotgun range contact about shooting in their events but never got a response from him. I've lost interest in shotguns since so never followed up on it.

I love that place. I'm a member of ARPC but have been to Tri County several time. The web site could use some work but its a pretty minor thing really. The only reason I picked ARPC over Tri- county was the distance.

I was also a member of ARPC, but this summer they banned magnetic ammo because of the "fire danger." Since all my ammo is magnetic, i had nothing to shoot. That's when i joined Tri County, which offer more than ARPC. Tri County is about 10 miles further for me, but it's worth it.

(When i complained ARPC about their new rule, they kindly offered some of my money back, which i accepted. But they never sent it.)

I cannot tell from their website..do they have an indoor handgun range, or is it for .22's only? I am trying to decide between this and Douglas Ridge Rifle club as they are both about equal distance from Oregon City,,,,
I was also a member of ARPC, but this summer they banned magnetic ammo because of the "fire danger." Since all my ammo is magnetic, i had nothing to shoot. That's when i joined Tri County, which offer more than ARPC. Tri County is about 10 miles further for me, but it's worth it.

(When i complained ARPC about their new rule, they kindly offered some of my money back, which i accepted. But they never sent it.)

Terry (Cudaterry) gave me a tour today. What a great facility! It's worth it to join for me even though I'm only in Tualatin 2-3 times a month, as there is nothing really comparable in Eugene.

I have been a member for years and find most of the younger members, and quite a few of the older ones very friendly. There appear to be a few old timers who are just waiting for you to do something they don't approve of so they can scold you. It finally occurred to me that they go there more to look for someone to scold than to shoot. But they are in the very small minority, so I continue my membership.

I have made quite a few wonderful friends there, and really enjoy the various shooting disciplines.

Big thumbs up for Tri-County.:s0155:

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top