Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tri-County Gun Club questions

Discussion in 'Business Discussion & Reviews' started by safehaven, Dec 2, 2012.

1. safehaven

safehaven Second star to the right Member

It has been nearly 2 decades since I have been a member at TCGC. So, I was wondering if you all could answer a couple questions for me.

First: On there website, they call the indoor range the ".22" range, but the rules state that all rimfire is allowed. Can anyone confirm that .17 is allowed to be used on the indoor range?

Second: If I remember correctly, there used to be a 400yd and 600yd range. They would shut down the 200/300 yard range and shoot over the top of it. Are the 400 and 600 yard ranges still in use? The website make no mention of them in the amenities, nor do the rules.

Thanks!

2. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Indoor, No .17. But you're only shooting 30 feet or so. A .17 is a distance round.

200, 300 yard range (and another 22LR range) does shut down when the 600 yd range is in use. That doesn't happen too often and it's usually scheduled well in advance.

3. Otter

Otter Oregon - mid Willamette Valley Active Member

No 400 yard range that I know of. Seems like one day on one weekend per month that the 200/300 yard range is closed and the 600 yard range is open. I think there are a few other times too, like Tuesday afternoon a few times each month. If you needed that info I could get you the phone number of the guy who runs the 600 yard matches. He would certainly know.

4. bbowl

bbowl Beaverton OR Active Member

During the winter the 600yd is every other Tuesday from 6-9pm. In the summer it's more frequent. Twice a week I believe. There is no 400yd, there is trap shooting around the 400 line.

.17 eats backstops so no, they don't allow.

5. WashCoDad

WashCoDad Beanerton Active Member

Why do folks even bother becoming a member here?

6. bbowl

Well I paid a one time $35 and its a 20min drive for me. No brainer

7. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

One of the nicest, shooting, practicing facilities in the local area. All venues: pistol, rimfire, rifle, shotgun & with certification -- action shooting, and iron target shooting along with a black powder range.
    Match shooting, and other trainings offered.. Does this answer Washcodad's ?

As to ranges and times open, it's been answered above... thank you.. Happyroman

8. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Yeah, what he said.

Its the premier spot this close to Portland. Kinda' hard to beat it. It's a fair trip away for me so I just go with friends that are members.

9. blankman32k

blankman32k Peoples Republic of PDX Member

Hello, Does Tri County have any sort of open house or tours so a prospective member can check it out?

10. bbowl

I don't believe so. Best bet is to go as a guest with a member

11. bax

bax Portland New Member

Range officers will give tours on Sundays I believe. The clubhouse is occupied from 11 to 3 so you can talk to Bruce at the desk or maybe an RO will be there for information.

12. amao164

amao164 Beaverton, OR New Member

Do you mean non-members can use the facility for $35/day? If so, that is great.

13. bax

bax Portland New Member

No

14. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

can someone explain this please ?

15. Lange22250

Lange22250 Milwaukie Active Member

TCGC has never had any "day pass" for non members to use the facility and never will.

The club is only open to members and their guests.

16. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

There is a member that charges his "guests" $35 a head and lets them in to TCGC. Several members know who it is but it is still going on.

I shoot there for my work so I am not a member.