JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
C'mon, that's an unfair comparison...

Whoa! I didn't mean to imply that PSTC was better than TCGC, just that going through PSTC's rules and regulations was about 100 times faster. Locally, I prefer Salmonberry Rd. first, then TCGC.

I used to be a member of The Place to Shoot, but their prices for ammo kept increasing to the point where PSTC was cheaper as a non-member. I really liked Julie and the other folks at TPTS, but when the ammo shortage hit us, they sometimes bought ammo at Fisherman Marine to resell at the range. I think TPTS is useful for people new to the sport.

As for the release form, would I really want to sue TCGC if I got shot there? Would I really want to financially destroy the only decent range in the area? Don't we already have enough anti-gunners out there trying to do that? Why would I ever want to help the same people that want to take away my guns?

The TCGC members pay for insurance in the event of a calamity. If there is not going to be insurance coverage for the members, then, the club should refund a portion of their membership fee if coverage is not there. Curious, if there was competitive bidding on their insurance coverage.

Tri-County sent me a mandatory "Release" which reads as follows "I acknowledge and understand that the Tri-County Gun Club permits the use of firearms and allows shooting, educational, recreational and range and facilities maintenance activities, related to the shooting and use of firearms, and general operations and understand that being present for any reason on TCGC property during which time TCGC Activities are conducted including, but not limited to, participating in or observing TCGC Activities, has risks and dangers associated with the use of firearms.

In consideration for my membership, or ongoing membership, and use of TCGC's property for any reason, including particpating in or observing TCGC Activities, I accept full responsibility for any personal injury, death and/or property damage to myself that may result for such use, and I release, acquit and forever discharge TCGC, its affiliates (including, but not limited to Tuality Valley Sportman's Club), successors, assigns, officers, directors, representatives, agents, employees and all liabilities, claims, demands, causes of action, suits (whether in tort, contract and/or liability under statue), damages, costs, expenses, and attorney's fees, arising out of the Release Person's conduct, act and/or omission of any kind, including any negligent conduct, act/or omisson" ,

I have read, understand, and voluntarily sign this Release.

Dated:

Seems to be a sign off of all liability for the Club. Has something happened at TCGC that provoke this Release? Are other clubs going this way? What do you think of this "Release"?

The release of liability is a requirement of the clubs bylaws and was advised by 2 experienced litigation lawyers.
It has been in the works for almost 3 years and is finally in the roll out stage.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top