JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Tri-County website says 4-6 month wait for new members, but after I applied for the wait list I got an email in August saying they were suspending new membership application processing.

Anyone know what the story is for prospective members? I get the feeling they are full/don't want any new members, but also don't want to say so publicly.

There was a disagreement over the lease between the people that manage the land and the people that run the gun club. For a while we didn't know if the gun club would continue to exist, or in what form.They probably decided to suspend accepting new members until things were resolved.
A new lease was recently signed, so I assume they will start taking new applications in the near future.

The club was well planned has two organizations acting as governing boards which manage the club and the land.
They have been sorting out some issues that relate to the use of the land and county, which affects membership.
Hopefully it'll open back up for processing in the near future (i.e. this December or early 2017)

[edit] ya beat me to it GlockGal!

They also lost the services who was managing the membership process and that slowed things down considerably until they got someone else to step in.

I was put on the waiting list in May ... and I'm still waiting. I know any email I get from them won't go in the Spam folder as I've added their email address to my safe senders list.

My son had to wait 2 years before being accepted. That was a couple years ago and with a new lease in place, membership processing will likely resume. It's worth the wait, though.

I waited about a year and a half, then realized my acceptance email had gone into my spam folder and had expired. :mad:

I never reapplied. Maybe I will again one of these days.

I just completed the online application. Site says, "currently enrolling new members."

Never mind - just got the email saying thanks, application accepted but not cilurrently enrolling.

Last Edited:
Anyone have any 2017 updates on this topic? I joined the waitlist in late summer and am hoping it doesn't take too long. It seemed like the process for waiting sped up a little for guys earlier in the year.

Anyone have any 2017 updates on this topic? I joined the waitlist in late summer and am hoping it doesn't take too long. It seemed like the process for waiting sped up a little for guys earlier in the year.

My invite went to my spam folder. You have 30 days from the invite to initiate the process. I missed mine by 4 months or so. I gave up.

They hit their membership cap for the year and will be accepting new members again in Jan or Feb based upon how many existing members don't renew. It is my understanding that they will be sending out invitations then based upon when you signed up for their wait list.

Anyone have any recent updates on waitlist progress or new memberships at TCGC?

I believe they've started up new member orientation again this month (or at least, it's on the calendar), so the list should be moving again.

I can't comment on how long the list is, or what current wait times look like right now though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top