Tri-County Gun Club New Applicants Wait Time

Discussion in 'Business Discussion & Reviews' started by rustedangel, Dec 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rustedangel

rustedangel
    Portland

The Tri-County website says 4-6 month wait for new members, but after I applied for the wait list I got an email in August saying they were suspending new membership application processing.

Anyone know what the story is for prospective members? I get the feeling they are full/don't want any new members, but also don't want to say so publicly.

2. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

There was a disagreement over the lease between the people that manage the land and the people that run the gun club. For a while we didn't know if the gun club would continue to exist, or in what form.They probably decided to suspend accepting new members until things were resolved.
    A new lease was recently signed, so I assume they will start taking new applications in the near future.

3. P7id10T

P7id10T
    West Slope
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

The club was well planned has two organizations acting as governing boards which manage the club and the land.
    They have been sorting out some issues that relate to the use of the land and county, which affects membership.
    Hopefully it'll open back up for processing in the near future (i.e. this December or early 2017)

[edit] ya beat me to it GlockGal!

NWGlockgal likes this.
  4. rustedangel

rustedangel
    Portland

Thanks for the background info guys :) Makes it easier for me to wait as patiently as I can.

NWGlockgal likes this.
  5. SA Shooter

SA Shooter
    Hillsboro, OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

They also lost the services who was managing the membership process and that slowed things down considerably until they got someone else to step in.

I was put on the waiting list in May ... and I'm still waiting. I know any email I get from them won't go in the Spam folder as I've added their email address to my safe senders list.

6. maddog

maddog
    Portland, OR USA

My son had to wait 2 years before being accepted. That was a couple years ago and with a new lease in place, membership processing will likely resume. It's worth the wait, though.

7. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter

I waited about a year and a half, then realized my acceptance email had gone into my spam folder and had expired. :mad:

I never reapplied. Maybe I will again one of these days.

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  8. Iceman04503

Iceman04503
    Portland, or

I've been waiting since March 25th.

9. Goosebrown

Goosebrown
    Beaverton
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Took me 18 months. Was worth it. I think they will start processing applications again soon.

10. Mallard

Mallard
    Hillsboro
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I just completed the online application. Site says, "currently enrolling new members."

Never mind - just got the email saying thanks, application accepted but not cilurrently enrolling.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  11. Iceman04503

Iceman04503
    Portland, or

I got an email in Aug that said there was 600+ people in the queue to join. So its probably around 900 by now.

12. rykri

rykri
    Portland, Oregon

Anyone have any 2017 updates on this topic? I joined the waitlist in late summer and am hoping it doesn't take too long. It seemed like the process for waiting sped up a little for guys earlier in the year.

13. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter

My invite went to my spam folder. You have 30 days from the invite to initiate the process. I missed mine by 4 months or so. I gave up.

Oathkeeper1775 likes this.
  14. techiej

techiej
    vancouver, wa

They hit their membership cap for the year and will be accepting new members again in Jan or Feb based upon how many existing members don't renew. It is my understanding that they will be sending out invitations then based upon when you signed up for their wait list.

15. fredball

fredball
    Vancouver, WA

The gun club I belong to has a waiting list of 12years now
    I was on it for 5years B 4 I got in