JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was disappointed to see that Tri-County Gun Club moved IDPA to second Sunday of the month. Because of this move I can no longer participate in the matches. Just curious, is anyone else affected by the move?

My apologies about hijacking your thread, fellas, but I'm extremely interested in starting with the IDPA this upcoming year.

Do you need to be a member of Tri-County to shoot the matches? I'd like to just watch my first week to get a feel for things, and then shoot the next time. What are the fees?

Will-Power,
You do not need to be a member of TriCounty to shoot IDPA. The match fee is $15 I think, can't remember. I would suggest participating in your first match rather than watching, you will regret the wasted opportunity later. You will be expected to have safe gun handling and able to draw from concealment and reload safely. Do not worry about speed and accuracy for the fist time, just have fun at your own pace, the Safety Officers will provide guidance as needed.
Please read the Tri County Range Rules and the IDPA Rules prior to attending. You will be expected to join IDPA after your first match though.
Hope to see you there....

Why did they move it?

I'm the director of the IDPA program at TCGC. There were several reasons why we moved to Sunday, one main reason was the number of scheduled events. We had to share the range with the ARC class and during the first quarter of the year, a reserve unit, which is bad enough, but with the excavating company getting ready to go after Bays 2, 3, 4, it wasn't feasible. Moving to the second Sunday, cleared this up. I am working on bringing IDPA to the 5th Saturday of the month for now so that people that can't make Sunday can have something. If I can find a Saturday opening, then we will try to run IDPA twice a month. I would also like to try to expand to another range, but so far that has only been an idea.

The other reason was to implement an orientation program so that new shooters can be given a thorough introduction to the rules and what is required of them. Saturday, the day before the match would be that orientation. I hope this clears things up a bit and that you will understand that this was a move of necessity.

Shaun

xcessiv4c, I was thinking I'd break out the XdM 9 (3.8" barrel) and come try IDPA this Sunday. I've been pretty competitive in Cowboy,W3G, Speed Steel. So what do I need to bring? What's the round count for a monthly match. Thanks.

this Sunday is the IDPA Postal Match with a classifier. It's open to current IDPA members since you have to have an IDPA number. Next month would be the match to attend. You also need to attend an orientation class the day before the match so we can go over the rules, what you'll need, equipment checks, and so forth. We have match info at TC DPL and Facebook at www.facebook.com/tcdpl. You can contact me through anyone of these.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top