Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tri-County Gun Club moves IDPA to second Sunday of the month.

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by zippygaloo, Oct 27, 2012.

1. zippygaloo

zippygaloo Oregon Member

I was disappointed to see that Tri-County Gun Club moved IDPA to second Sunday of the month. Because of this move I can no longer participate in the matches. Just curious, is anyone else affected by the move?

2. no excuses

no excuses Rainier OR Member

Yes I am, thats the same weekend my local range ahs there comps. This brings the suck

3. nwhpfan

nwhpfan Hopville Active Member

Why did they move it?

4. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The email stated the change was to reduce conflicts - other groups needing bays on 1st Saturday.

5. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

My apologies about hijacking your thread, fellas, but I'm extremely interested in starting with the IDPA this upcoming year.

Do you need to be a member of Tri-County to shoot the matches? I'd like to just watch my first week to get a feel for things, and then shoot the next time. What are the fees?

6. Biped

Biped Beaverton Member

Will-Power,
    You do not need to be a member of TriCounty to shoot IDPA. The match fee is $15 I think, can't remember. I would suggest participating in your first match rather than watching, you will regret the wasted opportunity later. You will be expected to have safe gun handling and able to draw from concealment and reload safely. Do not worry about speed and accuracy for the fist time, just have fun at your own pace, the Safety Officers will provide guidance as needed.
    Please read the Tri County Range Rules and the IDPA Rules prior to attending. You will be expected to join IDPA after your first match though.
    Hope to see you there....

7. xcessiv4c

xcessiv4c Orygun New Member

I'm the director of the IDPA program at TCGC. There were several reasons why we moved to Sunday, one main reason was the number of scheduled events. We had to share the range with the ARC class and during the first quarter of the year, a reserve unit, which is bad enough, but with the excavating company getting ready to go after Bays 2, 3, 4, it wasn't feasible. Moving to the second Sunday, cleared this up. I am working on bringing IDPA to the 5th Saturday of the month for now so that people that can't make Sunday can have something. If I can find a Saturday opening, then we will try to run IDPA twice a month. I would also like to try to expand to another range, but so far that has only been an idea.

The other reason was to implement an orientation program so that new shooters can be given a thorough introduction to the rules and what is required of them. Saturday, the day before the match would be that orientation. I hope this clears things up a bit and that you will understand that this was a move of necessity.

Shaun

8. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

xcessiv4c, I was thinking I'd break out the XdM 9 (3.8" barrel) and come try IDPA this Sunday. I've been pretty competitive in Cowboy,W3G, Speed Steel. So what do I need to bring? What's the round count for a monthly match. Thanks.

9. xcessiv4c

xcessiv4c Orygun New Member

this Sunday is the IDPA Postal Match with a classifier. It's open to current IDPA members since you have to have an IDPA number. Next month would be the match to attend. You also need to attend an orientation class the day before the match so we can go over the rules, what you'll need, equipment checks, and so forth. We have match info at TC DPL and Facebook at www.facebook.com/tcdpl. You can contact me through anyone of these.

10. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Bummer. looks like weather will be nice, wanted to shoot a new game.

11. Artpro

Artpro Salem, OR. Artpro Bronze Supporter

Hi all. Anyone can access the IDPA website International Defensive Pistol Association
    Click "About IDPA" and read the rules, etc.
    Although I'm unable to participate, I am an IDPA member, mostly to keep tabs on my son and grandson who live in Colorado. Grandson is a regular contributor/writer for the IDPA Quarterly Journal. Proud grandpa here.