JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anywhere near the Tri-Cities in SE Washington? I'm going there for the next week and the place I used to shoot as a teen is no longer available. Just pistol shooting, cans and target shooting. Any help would be great.

I live in the tri-cities.I grew up here and most of the area's I use to shoot you cant shoot their anymore.Most places you have to have a membership.I've been going to hole in the wall sports place that has an indoor range to shoot.It costs $9.50 plus tax to shoot as long as you want.Its located up from columbia center.Their is still a place out in finley, which is outside Kennewick that you can still shoot outside and it doesn't cost anything.I haven't been their but I can find out directions if you are interested,I hope this helps you out, Mike

I've lived there most of my life, but don't venture too often out to Finley. But if you google map the place, that would be great.

In fact the only time I've been to Finley is to see the Finley Ghost :s0114:

My father is a range officer out at Rattlesnake Mountain, although it's a drive from Tri-Cities Proper, it's worth checking out and spending a couple hours out there....The facilities are such that you can shoot anything from handgun calibers, rifles, and shotguns in different areas that are easy to access and move between. :s0155:

But if you google map the place, that would be great.

Put "Ayers Road, Finley, WA" into Google Maps. The shooting area is right where you turn onto Ayers from Meals. You can even see the parking area in Satelite view.

I've shot there during the week but avoid the place on weekends because it's very popular and there are no safety controls at all.

I shoot at the ares road site at least 2 times a week and to say that there are no safety rules is a great understatement but if you set off a burst or two of 308s from lar8 all the weak of heart get in their cars and go home leaving the place to those of us who will respect the safety of all who are left! I have had to yell a few times when a dumb bubblegum down the road a bit started shooting while I was down range checking the targets and when he heard all the noise he quit shooting and didnt do that again. I often think that it would be a good idea to make hunter education mandatory for all who have possession of a shootin stick. I have had bullets whizzing all around me while out at the site and have even taken a round in the truck mirror so the guy who said there are no safety rules in effect knows exactly what he is talking about!

Anyone know if any of these places are still ok to shoot at or of any others? Just looking for open property to shoot on. Since Owens rd is no longer an option anymore I've been looking for a new free place to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top