JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone!

It has been a while since i have posted, I have been super busy these last many months. I made a move from Boring to Eastern Oregon, and began a new job amongst working to complete my AA in Criminal Justice. I wanted to briefly share what I have been up to, and compliment Joey and the mods for their hard work in all of the new and fantastic upgrades to the site.:s0155: I hardly recognize the place!

I made a move to Spray, Oregon, as my parents live and own businesses there and had offered my fiancee a job. As we were languishing in the horrible job market in the Portland metro area and growing ever nervous having our young children in a large school, we decided to take the offer and move. Shortly after arriving I met a friend of my parents, a gentleman named Bruce Gray, and inquired about the possibility of working for him as an apprentice gunsmith at Grayguns Inc. After a series of interviews with Bruce, Grayguns general manager John, and shop foreman Roy, I was hired and began working full time (giddy as a school boy!).

I was hired earlier this year, and in my short time working at Grayguns I have not only learned a great deal about pistols and firearms in general from Bruce and Roy, but have developed a huge admiration for these two highly gifted individuals as well. In addition, I have had the honor of developing close friendships with Bruce, Roy, and John, and others in the shop, and I feel as though I have finally found the holy grail of my working career and three life-long friends. I am continuously surprised at the dedication of these great people, and the unbelievable work that they perform on firearms.

Anyways, I am looking forward to becoming involved once again with my beloved NWFA! Take care- treemanx

Here is the link to our website, check it out! Grayguns Inc

Congrats and +1 on the envy. Spray, OR is Gods country and it must be nice to have the best of both worlds.

Forget the CJ AA and get your AA in machining/welding. My 2 cents.

SF-

Congrats - Bruce is good people. Just don't expect to out shoot him :)

Bruce is one of the most generous, kind hearted, humble, and intelligent individual I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, no doubt. In addition, I have never seen someone shoot as well. He and Roy trained hard for the last few months and went to the 2011 Bianchi Cup in Missouri, Bruce having shot the event many many times over the years and won it multiple times. Bruce came out of "competition retirement" (due to a heart attack)to shoot this match, and took 4th place in Production. He fought a close battle with Rob Leatham, and had he not dropped a few too many shots out of the 10 ring in the practical stage he would have taken first or second place. He did beat Rob in a few of the other events, and even set a new national record in the barricades among a few other national records. Roy took 12th in production, (which is crazy considering he had never shot it before) and took 3rd place in new comer. He and Bruce took 1st place for the team event, and even had to ward off a few tornado's with their Jedi mind tricks (Missouri)! I'll have to give myself a shameless plug also, as I reloaded a bunch of the ammo they practiced with and even some shot in the competition itself! Anyways, thanks for the reply!

Awesome! Good luck with the new career. I'm sure you've made a great move.

Hey bud! Hope you are doing well! Thanks for the kind words, I am really excited about beginning a career as a gunsmith. I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have this opportunity, its something I have always wanted to do but never thought I would have the chance.

Anyhow, I have been meaning to send you a PM for a while to check up on our Colt! Hows she doing? I sure miss her! Thanks for the reply, talk with you soon --Rick

I envy you. I've fished the John Day in that area many times and I just love the area. Also, my boss has a Sig 226 that Grayguns did the work on that is phenomenal.

Hey Cougfan! Thanks for the reply! Yeah, the Spray area is a veritable wonderland, fishing, hunting, hiking, fossils, and wide beautiful wide open spaces. I have lived up here in years past, but forgot how many muley's there are everywhere! One cant hardly drive in town or out of town without seeing deer! I also have been fortunate enough to watch a small herd of Antelope that hang out in the field in front of my house, including a doe with four fawns (Dont think theres a North Fossil antelope hunt, dang it)! I haven't done nearly as much fishing as I have wanted to, but the river has been pretty muddy since it burst its banks and flooded a few weeks ago. Figured I would wait till the river water clears up a bit, but until then I have a fully stocked Bull Prairie Lake to get my trout fix!

Congrats and +1 on the envy. Spray, OR is Gods country and it must be nice to have the best of both worlds.

Forget the CJ AA and get your AA in machining/welding. My 2 cents.

SF-

Hey SF! Yeah, I would have probably done that, but I am now scheduled to graduate in three months with the AA in Criminal Justice. With as busy as I have been between the new job, the family, college, and other responsibilities I have been feeling stretched pretty thin. I will probably complete this and be done with school for a while, as it looks like I might be also starting as a reserve deputy (no more spare time! :( ) in the near future. Thanks for the reply!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top