JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Only unprepared liberals will be calling for those. Most forum members will be welcoming an opportunity to practice with moving targets :D

Yup, the prepared liberals will be there with the prepared conservatives, while the unprepared liberals call for the national guard.

The unprepared conservatives will just try to offer the zombies money, then scream that the zombies are just looking for handouts of food, before their brains get eaten.

:p

The declaration of the bill, that American soil can now be declared "a battlefield" due to a terrorism threat disturbs me greatly.

This is the surest, quickest way to circumvent the posse-comitatus act, and paves the way for occupation of American cities, or other areas by the American military.
Thereby trumping local law enforcement.

I CAN'T see that as a good thing.

All citizens must act!!!

New Martial Law Bill Allows Military to Arrest, Permanently Detain, Torture, Kill American Citizens without Trial. The National Defense Authorization Act. America is a War Zone. Senate Rejects Amendment to reject 'Indefinite Detention for American Citizens'

» Senate Rejects Amendment to ‘Indefinite Detention' Bill Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

This opens the doors for firearms confiscation & SO MUCH MORE.
This may be the most important issue of our lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
The declaration of the bill, that American soil can now be declared "a battlefield" due to a terrorism threat disturbs me greatly.
Yes. More disturbing than the wording of the bill, is the intent of the legislators on both sides of the isle, and to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. They flat out speak of bringing the war to the homefront. The intentions are there, and the legislation is ambiguous enough to give them wiggle room. Where there is a will, there is a way.

This is the surest, quickest way to circumvent the posse-comitatus act, and paves the way for occupation of American cities, or other areas by the American military.
Thereby trumping local law enforcement.

I CAN'T see that as a good thing.

We will see what comes of this, but the natural evolution of all government, whatever they may be, is to grow larger and more far reaching (read: oppressive). Ours is no exception, despite the legal safeguards that were put in place by the framers of our Constitution, and those likeminded individuals that added to their work. I'm not saying there will be boots in the street tomorrow, but the groundwork has been laid to undermine those safeguards.

On top of it all, now I have to come to terms with the fact that I agree with Sen. Feinstein on something.

Has anyone else seen this? I wonder what's next from this administration? BTW...the first link is from a liberal media outlet, and the second from the Oath Keepers. This is one of the only things I have seen the left and the right agree on in a very long time, which makes me wonder why this passed.

60 senators betrayed you today, they authorized the indefinite suspension of habeus corpus (UPDATED)

<broken link removed>

See NDAA Section 1031...Google it. The 60 traitors are mostly Republicans (43 of 60). Oregon's senators voted against it and Obama has vowed to veto it. If you think it doesn't apply to US citizens, think again. Lindsey Graham is a sponsor of the bill:

Commenting on the controversial Section 1031 of the National Defense Authorization Act &#8212; which many contend gives the federal government new powers to arrest American citizens without charge &#8212; Graham made clear this week that "1031, the statement of authority to detain, does apply to American citizens and it designates the world as the battlefield, including the homeland."

And BTW, the House already passed their version of it. Obama is all that stands between you and the FEMA camps.

And BTW, the House already passed their version of it. Obama is all that stands between you and the FEMA camps.

Well...not the *only* thing....

M107_1.jpg

It doesn't look like this bill has been in front of the House. I'm assuming it was a bill that originated in the Senate. I could be wrong.
Unfortunately, it has, and it passed under everyone's radar, well, at least mine. Look under H.R.1540. Check these links. Look for Section 1032.
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
National Defense Authorization Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Section 1032(b) indicates it does not apply to US citizens and lawful resident aliens. Hmmm..

I think (understandably) most people are worried about the slippery slope of all people being suspects and needing papers, etc. My question on this: who enforces this? If it authorizes the military to detain, does it also require them to obtain?

I wished I could make more sense of this bill. The writ of Habeas Corpus may be temporarily suspended due to a national emergency. W/O an obvious, imminent one at hand, this is totally unjustified. Compared to this bill Gitmo seems like nothing.

Ironically, to an Afghan or an Iraqi, this will sound like poetic justice. To a US naturalized Afghan or Iraqi, it'd be a nightmare that never ends.

i agree completely. can things really get so outta hand? these detainee provisions are said to aid in "the war against al qaeda" and granted those guys are a bunch of jerks to say the least, they are not at our door step. how capable are they and really? what are we stopping? what is the progress that we're making? how imminent and dire are things that we just throw away fundamental liberties like HABEAS CORPUS??!! if al qaeda shows up at my door step or any other foe... i got my rifle to protect me and my family. i know it might seem like a simple mans thinking, but al qaeda is not at my door step, nor do i fear (not think) they'll come to my door step. but seemingly more often i find the government at my door step with documents saying i cant do this, i cant do that, we tax you this, we tax you that... we can hold you indefinately...

i guess im just saying that in life, there are always uncertainties, fears, and dangers. even if we wanted to, we can never rid these things from the world completely by trading away our liberties.

Section 1032(b) indicates it does not apply to US citizens and lawful resident aliens. Hmmm..[/QUOTE]

SEC. 1031. DEFINITION OF INDIVIDUAL DETAINED AT GUANTANAMO.

In this subtitle, the term `individual detained at Guantanamo' means any individual who is located at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, on or after March 7, 2011, who--
(1) is not a citizen of the United States or a member of the Armed Forces of the United States; and
(2) is in the custody or under the effective control of the Department of Defense.

make what you will of it fellas, your guess is as good as mine.i still feel habeas corpus should be given to everyone of this nation or not. if ya aint got nothin on him, then send him back.

If anyone is interested, they will be discussing this with Stewart Rhodes (founder of Oath Keepers) now, but it will also be recorded so you can listen to it later as well. Per the website:

December 7 — Stewart Rhodes, founder of Oath Keepers, will make his third appearance on B&TB. We will discuss the alarming destruction of the Bill of Rights, from the recently passed S.1867 (see our Nov. 30 show, below) to the USA PATRIOT Act, the Military Commissions Act, the perpetual State of National Emergency we have been under since September 14, 2001 (you won't believe the powers the president has when we're in a state of emergency), and many other horrific actions by the thugs in Washington. This promises to be a serious eye-opener. Do not miss this show!

Baldy & The Blonde Radio Show - Home

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews