JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to be into RC trucks about 8 yrs ago when I bought a T-maxx 2.5. It ended up getting tossed when it was mistaken for trash by my step father (supposedly) so that was the end of that.

cruising craigslist last thursday I had an urge to search for e/t-maxx on a whim. I saw the usual prices of 200 or so used, close to 350-400 newish. Then I see an add listing for $30, no pics and a very brief one liner description saying it included quick charger/remote etc. I emailed him and got reply right away and drove up to pdx to get it.

I drove it around real slow and it ran good enough so I bought it without much of a look over. It came with that quick charger and nice aftermarket race batteries that prob cost $40 each so I knew I would be okay regardless.

When I get home I tried to drive up a steep hill and it wouldn't do it; like a car with a bad clutch the motor/gears rev but car rolls backwards. I look up some info about adjusting the clutch and I get to it. They have a slipper clutch with a bolt you can tighten to adjust the clutch's hook-up; he had it set all the way loose which is why it wouldn't work. so after that lil adjustment...Wal-lah! It hooks up like a monster now. It's not as fast as my tmaxx 2.5 was but it was only 30$ and it flat hauls balls compared to any r/c you can buy for under $200 that I know of... it's still hard to control...its that fast

I'm pretty sure the guy thought it was broken and just wanted to get something out of it while he could. So I got a new hobby :) I bought a Silverado body for it last night and had it prepped/painted/decaled by 1am :s0155:

Anyone else got one of these or something like it? I hear the new brushless e-maxx is insane fast! I'de like one of those with some paddle tires for when we go to the dunes.

Before: As of Thursday

View attachment 204357
View attachment 204358

After: Today - 08' Silverado Body, painted bumpers black, still need to drill/mount

0706000808.jpg
0706000807b.jpg
View attachment 204361

I love craigslist.

Just bought a netbook off of craigslist the other day.
What would have cost me ~$600 at the store, cost me $100 because he couldnt remember the password. Luckily I have a few ways around login passwords and got a killer deal.

I've decided that when my son get's old enough to play with rc vehicles, I'm going to get him a nice one. I remember as a kid getting the cheap ones and they never lasted very long (cheap construction, short battery life, etc.)

Me and the kid run traxxis slash's both are 4x4's and go 35mph out of the box, mine is the Baja. He also has a 2wd traxxas rustler. With lipo's and higher gears supposedly they'll go 65mph but who wants to find out if you can control them or not at that speed...LOL. 002.JPG 003.JPG

I used to have one about 10 years ago. Never really did much with it so I sold it to a friend. I really like the idea, but cannot get into it. Maybe I will try again one day.

I've decided that when my son get's old enough to play with rc vehicles, I'm going to get him a nice one. I remember as a kid getting the cheap ones and they never lasted very long (cheap construction, short battery life, etc.)

That's why I bought my son one, the cheap ones in the stores are garbage and parts really are cheap to fix the one I bought him. He got bored running his alone so I ended up finding mine on Craigslist needing a little fixing. Be forewarned though they get addicting with all the add ons and hop ups it's as bad as firearms but not as expensive.

Me and the kid run traxxis slash's both are 4x4's and go 35mph out of the box, mine is the Baja. He also has a 2wd traxxas rustler. With lipo's and higher gears supposedly they'll go 65mph but who wants to find out if you can control them or not at that speed...LOL.View attachment 98966 View attachment 98967
I have a brushless slash 4x4 powered by a 5000mAh 25c lipo with 19t pinion, can't remember the spur gear tooth count but, it will do 50 no problem. I actually ran it in front of my buddy's truck down the road while he drove.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top