JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms.
The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area

I'd assume that it would because there are certain health situations that would bar a person from possessing firearms, but I am only assuming and can't say for a fact.
This is what I am assuming as well. Not that I have medical issues....however i did have some therapy when I first got back for PTSD and I dont want them to be able to use that against me....

This is what I am assuming as well. Not that I have medical issues....however i did have some therapy when I first got back for PTSD and I dont want them to be able to use that against me....
Have you bought a gun here recently? If you had no problem with that they will not refuse your CPL. Of course only way to know for sure is jump through the hoops for one and see what they say.

Have you bought a gun here recently? If you had no problem with that they will not refuse your CPL. Of course only way to know for sure is jump through the hoops for one and see what they say.
I have bought a shotgun and a bolt action. No semi or pistols due to not wanting to sign away my right to privacy. Im not sure it would effect anything. But im not trying to let something that bothered me 12yrs ago bother me now

I have bought a shotgun and a bolt action. No semi or pistols due to not wanting to sign away my right to privacy. Im not sure it would effect anything. But im not trying to let something that bothered me 12yrs ago bother me now
Ok, but in this day and age the idea that the various agencies do not already know is pretty far out there. God only knows where the info you gave them already floats to by now. If you really want to stay as much as possible off their eyes you can make some 80% pistols and rifles. To me at this point it's kind of moot. I can't see this getting any better since people just keep voting for more control and less freedom sadly.

At one point I got to stay 20 days at what is considered a psych ward because my body had a severe reaction to some prescriptions I was given by a doctor and I was having psychotic and hallucinatory experiences. I was "with it" enough to check myself in though which was the key. Turned out my brain had been severely dehydrated due to a combination of flu, fever, diarrhea and the subsequent prescription for a sinus infection which dried me out even further. After having insomnia and not sleeping for about 8 days ( because of the severe brain dehydration and my brain running 1000000 miles an hour to the point I kid you not I could hear like superman, another doctor gave me sleeping pills which had the unfortunate side effect of "may cause suicidal tendencies" which thankfully I was staying with family at the time because I was feeling so bad, but even so, got to get a visit from police and an ambulance and was the primary reason I got to stay 20 days in a very fancy place that would be considered a psych ward. Thankfully even when I was not thinking clearly I never demonstrated aggression toward others, otherwise I could have been another "unarmed man shot by police."

Long story short - they concluded my experience was primarily just the perfect storm of combinations and that although I wasn't crazy, I did experience a psychotic episode as a result of the combination of drugs and dehydration. The other main difference is that I willingly committed myself to care, had I been committed by the court it would have been really bad for my rights.

I would seriously doubt you getting therapy would medically bar you. Had you been committed against your will to a psych ward for treatment would have though.

Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms.
The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area

Thats the one: "or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;"

":) No hahaha going to help a buddy with a resort ranch. He needs a handy guy and figures I fit the bill...."

So then it's just you and the pygmy pony over by the dental floss bush, zircon-encrusted tweezers gleaming in the moonlight? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top