JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to ask and clarify what is the proper way to transport in WA? I am going to pick up some things in Eastern WA and want to bring my ARs and find some national forest spots along the way...

For clarification they are pistol variants and have individual range bags

Just wanted to ask and clarify what is the proper way to transport in WA? I am going to pick up some things in Eastern WA and want to bring my ARs and find some national forest spots along the way...

For clarification they are pistol variants and have individual range bags
Do you have a WA CPL?
As far as AR's they have no magic laws here. It's a firearm. Yours are hand guns.

I just learned from a parkranger that when engaging in recreational activities, you can carry however you want! He said "you can even carry concealed because hiking, camping and so on is an exception" all 3 of us asked again to clarify " without license????" and he showed us the statue and just said to open carry when going into town. Couldn't believe it but nobody even looked twice. Oregon needs something like that.

However, when in a car,and no license, locked unloaded and ammo seperate.

No cpl.

Also no trunk as its a truck
Then have them unloaded. I would of course also have them out of sight so if you have to stop. If you are stopped and asked, which is rare, you are fine. Again an AR has no magic laws here, it's just a gun like any other gun. The AR hand guns are still just a handgun. Being an AR does not make any difference.
As for the CPL you should get one. Very simple here.

Then have them unloaded. I would of course also have them out of sight so if you have to stop. If you are stopped and asked, which is rare, you are fine. Again an AR has no magic laws here, it's just a gun like any other gun. The AR hand guns are still just a handgun. Being an AR does not make any difference.
As for the CPL you should get one. Very simple here.
Nope...not getting one with the Laws here. Im not going on that list.....:mad:

That said we are moving to Montana in about a month anyways

There's nothing in the RCWs that say anything about ammo or mags being separate or in the trunk or mags being unloaded.

RCW 9.41.50 does say

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.
(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.
(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

A. Keep the gun and ammo separate. ie: gun in it's own case, ammo in another.

B. Don't do anything to attract attention that will result in imperial entanglements.

C. Should such an entanglement happen - do not answer questions, and FFS, don't let them search your vehicle. Be polite, take your speeding ticket and move on with life. Count how many times you haven't been caught - you're probably ahead of the game.

Last Edited:
To have a loaded pistol in your rig you have to have a cpl OR be on your way to or from a hunting or outdoor recreational activity. Id look up the actual wordage, but im on bubblegumty satellite wifi, so it would be a pain in the dick.

To have a loaded pistol in your rig you have to have a cpl OR be on your way to or from a hunting or outdoor recreational activity. Id look up the actual wordage, but im on bubblegumty satellite wifi, so it would be a pain in the dick.

"Engaged in" - none of the laws allow traveling with loaded gun in vehicle unless it is a pistol and a CPL is possessed. I believe you are thinking of being able to legally conceal without a permit while engaged in an outdoor recreational activity.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top