JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm planning to travel from WA to OR. I'm a WA resident with a WA CPL. What do I need to look out for regarding OR gun laws?

I'm pretty sure OR won't honor my WA CPL, but can I safely store an unloaded firearm inside the vehicle?

And say if I made a firearm purchase while in OR, what do I need to do?

Thanks,
ATK

This is from the FAQ's on the Oregon Firearms Federation web site, a supporter of this web site.

I was stopped by a police officer for speeding he looked at my drivers licence and then asked me if I was carring a hand gun I said yes it was in a case in the back seat he then told me I was required by law when being stopped by an officer to immediatley tell the officer I had a hand gun in my car. Can you tell me anything about that law and if he is right.
Thank You,
Randy

No he is not right. Nothing in Oregon law requires that you volunteer information about guns you are carrying. Nor are you required to volunteer that you have a concealed handgun license. You must, of course, carry guns in a legal manner. That means if you have a handgun in the car, you must have a CHL, or the handgun must be either unconcealed, or "not readily accessible." ACCORDING TO AN OREGON APPEALS COURT RULING YOU MAY NOT CARRY OPENLY IN YOUR CAR WITHOUT A PERMIT IF THE GUN IS LOADED AND THE LOCALITY PROHIBITS IT.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top