JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the nationwide reality, not just California. All of that is largely due to SCOTUS decisions granting various levels of immunity to LEA's. And some people pay with their lives for that, not just with their freedom or firearms :

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

Again, I was pointing out my experience in the Bay Area and San Luis Obispo county. That in practice, even though you may be doing everything legally in regards to firearms; they tend to not worry themselves about what the law says and leave it up to the courts to figure out.

If you want to talk about the rest of the nation feel free, this is going way off topic from the OP's concerns and questions.

The safety of my family and myself are a priority over any states laws. If I felt there was any potential threat to our health and safety and that being in possesion of a firearm, legally or not, would reduce that threat then I would have no problem taking a firearm. Just be prepared to suffer any consequences. In some instances it is better to be able able to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

As a construction contractor that had to shut his business down partly due to illegal aliens stealing my work at coolie wages I resent deeply the comment as to how many illegal invaders constructed anything

As a construction contractor that had to shut his business down partly due to illegal aliens stealing my work at coolie wages I resent deeply the comment as to how many illegal invaders constructed anything

Blaming illegals in this case is somewhat like blaming aliens (from space) or some other abstract entity. Damage to your business was really done by other businesses who hired them in order to compete unfairly. But it is true, a lot of labor in this nation is provided by persons who should not be working here, and shouldn't be here at all.

Blaming illegals in this case is somewhat like blaming aliens (from space) or some other abstract entity. Damage to your business was really done by other businesses who hired them in order to compete unfairly. But it is true, a lot of labor in this nation is provided by persons who should not be working here, and shouldn't be here at all.

No, I have seen them steal local work firsthand. Illegal means something even if youse don't want to hear it... it means unfair advantage and coolie wages. Indeed they should not be here, since they did not play by the rules that the rest of us follow

No, I have seen them steal local work firsthand. Illegal means something even if youse don't want to hear it... it means unfair advantage and coolie wages. Indeed they should not be here, since they did not play by the rules that the rest of us follow

If I were affected, I would be a dick and call ICE :D

Your trunk is considered a locked container by itself.

You can have loaded magazines in the same locked container; THEY CAN NOT BE IN OR ATTACHED TO THE FIREARM. (Some holsters have a magazine pouch-- don't store both the gun and magazine in the same holster, as they now can be considered attached)

You can not bring in magazines over 10 rounds; any firearm with threaded barrels, grenade launcher(Yugo SKS)

California will disregard any federal laws and good luck trying to bring federal law up in any court but a federal court.

Prior to January 1, 2012, it was legal to openly carry an unloaded handgun in public. In October 2011, Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill that severely restricts the open carry of an unloaded firearm that took effect January 1, 2012.

If you are going to be in a school zone, I would recommend that you have your ammo and firearm separate, not in magazines, in a 2nd locked container.

Downloaded and print out this: <broken link removed>

We driving our motorhome, shotgun in a locked soft side case under the bed, can't get to it unless I open a slideout, CM9 in a locked hard sided case, mag out, nothing chambered. A BullDog .44 spec in a gun safe in the van, no rds in the chambers and spare loaded speedloader. I carry a p45 and two spare mags. When I get close to the CA border I'll put the gun and mags in another gun safe and the key in the back.
That should be enough.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads