JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would not take any firearm into Kali

Forget that noise!

I would and do, just know what your getting into.

I was just in California a couple of months ago, I flew from PDX to LAX and drove from LAX to SLO (San Luis Obispo.)

The only trouble I had was the dope at check-in at LAX that didn't know what he was talking about, luckily he took the time to read the firearm declaration he was having me sign.

Watch it in those forests, there are pot growers and meth makers all over the place and most of them are illegal aliens who will kill you for a nickel

Watch it in those forests, there are pot growers and meth makers all over the place and most of them are illegal aliens who will kill you for a nickel

I totally disagree with that comment, for one most of them are legal citizens that will kill you for a dime ;p and those locations are not accessible by any road.

Yeah, real joy. So many firearms we can buy in Oregon that are illegal in California. Those .22 cal rifles with threaded muzzles for instance.

This leave me with a question I'll have to research. During several of the International Revolver Championship matches in Morro Bay (near San Luis Obispo) the attendees almost took over a California state park camp ground and for a few evenings there were all sorts of banners advertising revolver clubs and attendees cleaning their firearms right there in the open.

Of course, that WAS about 10 years ago.

Threaded barrels on rifles are okay. Moreover, CA AW law mostly regulates centerfire rifles. Not quite sure what your question about the competition was, but many state restrictions can be waived for sanctioned competition events.

any firearm with threaded barrels, grenade launcher(Yugo SKS)

That's incorrect. There is no issue with threaded barrels on long guns, only on handguns. And since there
is no construction possession, barrel can be removed while transporting through California.

California will disregard any federal laws and good luck trying to bring federal law up in any court but a federal court.

You of course got some evidence to support that ? It's one thing that legal minds recommend not to rely on FOPA too much,
since it's very easy to overstep its protections, but it's a completely different thing what you're suggesting.

Forget that noise!

I would and do, just know what your getting into.

I was just in California a couple of months ago, I flew from PDX to LAX and drove from LAX to SLO (San Luis Obispo.)

The only trouble I had was the dope at check-in at LAX that didn't know what he was talking about, luckily he took the time to read the firearm declaration he was having me sign.

I flew from PDX to LAX 8 months ago. PDX TSA gave me a bit of trouble because they couldn't locate the ammo in my bag, which was conveniently
stored in a SILVER (!!!!) metal box. After 3 XRays they figured it out... it didn't occur to them they could have asked :D And flying back from LAX was much easier, like if I had no firearms at all.

That's incorrect. There is no issue with threaded barrels on long guns, only on handguns. And since there is no construction possession, barrel can be removed while transporting through California.

By the written law, you are correct about threaded barrels, in practice it's much different.

Living in California for the 24/27 years of my life, you will find that law enforcement, especially in the bay area and San Luis Obispo county, will let the court sort out whats legal or not. Meaning they will take your firearm away, and let you talk to a judge about it. I have personally been part of confrontations and confiscation where the officers state, "let the courts sort it out."

The California Department of Justice as well as local county and city jurisdictions have confiscated weapons without legal merit and law abiding citizen had to go to court to prove that the confiscations or proposed confiscations where illegal under California law.

If you would like ME to dig up the specifics of this I will, but just do a search of california gun confiscations and I am sure you can find something.

You of course got some evidence to support that ? It's one thing that legal minds recommend not to rely on FOPA too much,
since it's very easy to overstep its protections, but it's a completely different thing what you're suggesting.

There is a specific court case, (I will try and find it when my wife isn't on my back, I am hearing it from her right now so my apologies). Basically every time the defendant would bring up federal law, the judge would strike down what he stated as irrelevant.

Mexican cartels running pot farms in U.S. national forest - CNN
Desert Invasion - U.S. - Destruction of U.S. border national forests, monuments, parks, and deserts - Desert Invasion - U.S. - Destruction of U.S. border national forests, monuments, parks, and deserts - www.DesertInvasion.us
http://www.restoreamericanliberty.co...Fact_Sheet.pdf

I will do a little searching for you, but ever since the medical marijuana legislation passed, more and more landowners are renting out their land to Marijuana Dispensaries.

I would like to see a CNN special that shows the percentage of construction work in California that were carried out by illegal immigrants, and the like.

Less Mexican Drug Cartels are doing the pot farming now, even when they were -- they would have several, legal U.S. citizens helping them move product. When you have legal papers, its easier to get your product move from point A to point B.

Last summer, California narcotics officers have pulled millions fewer pot plants from the state's remote forests than in past years. The reason, investigators say, is that drug traffickers have come down out of the mountains to plant pot in plain sight in backyards and on prime farmland, where California's medical marijuana law makes them tougher to bust.

Anyway, I will come back to this post when I can.

By the written law, you are correct about threaded barrels, in practice it's much different.

Living in California for the 24/27 years of my life, you will find that law enforcement, especially in the bay area and San Luis Obispo county, will let the court sort out whats legal or not. Meaning they will take your firearm away, and let you talk to a judge about it. I have personally been part of confrontations and confiscation where the officers state, "let the courts sort it out."

The California Department of Justice as well as local county and city jurisdictions have confiscated weapons without legal merit and law abiding citizen had to go to court to prove that the confiscations or proposed confiscations where illegal under California law.

If you would like ME to dig up the specifics of this I will, but just do a search of california gun confiscations and I am sure you can find something.

You're making a blank statement that can be applied to almost any aspect of life and any locality in the US. The law is X, but reality is Y. One of the things to remember though, Calguns Foundation successfully defended many of such cases in the past, and they have a piece of very important litigation pending as we speak - challenge to the entire CA AW law. The probability of being wrongfully arrested for a legal weapon is smaller than ever. I wouldn't think twice to bring anything that's legal to a public shooting range in SoCal.

You're making a blank statement that can be applied to almost any aspect of life and any locality in the US. I wouldn't think twice to bring anything that's legal to a public shooting range in SoCal.

You are correct, it can be applied to all aspects of life. However; I am sharing my experience in that state in the Bay Area and San Luis Obispo county.

<broken link removed>

Here's an appalling story of sheriff's deputies in San Luis Obispo, California conspiring to fake a police report and invent a reason why they violated the 4th amendment. A man was target shooting on his own property in an unincorporated rural area and someone called 911 to report hearing shots fired. Based solely on that information, they cuffed the guy and searched his home -- without anything remotely like probable cause.

This is what I am used to in San Luis Obispo county.

<broken link removed>

Yes, I heard of the case. Not only it is fairly old, but also it doesn't directly deal with legality of certain firearms. Check this out:

Defended Bright Spot Pawn from AW charges: <broken link removed>

Defended John Contos from AW charges: <broken link removed>

Defended UOC-ing Marine charged in Oceanside: Open Carry arrest Oceanside. - Page 2 - Calguns.net

Defended large-capacity magazine charge.

Defended Don Anderson against AW charges: <broken link removed>

Defended legal AR (Orange County Sheriff Department AR seizure): <broken link removed>

Defended charges of illegal carry, established shotgun is not concealable upon the person: Just in Time for Christmas . . . Yet Another Win for The Calguns Foundation! - Calguns.net

<broken link removed>

And by the way, they've just (on Friday) announced a lawsuit against... Los Angeles County (largest county in the nation) Sheriff.

San Carlos, CA (March 9, 2012) &#8211; Continuing its Carry License Sunshine and Compliance Initiative, The Calguns Foundation (CGF) has filed a lawsuit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Los Angeles Sheriff Leroy "Lee" Baca, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, and Los Angeles County. The case, entitled Jennifer Lu, et al. v. County of Los Angeles, et al., challenges the Sheriff's ban on accepting and processing applications for carry licenses submitted by city residents.

Not only things have become better in California since you left (I assume you moved 3 years ago), but there is a major force there right now fighting to bring the firearms laws to average national standards.

<broken link removed>

Yes, I heard of the case. Not only it is fairly old, but also it doesn't directly deal with legality of certain firearms. Check this out:

Defended UOC-ing Marine charged in Oceanside: Open Carry arrest Oceanside. - Page 2 - Calguns.net

Defended legal AR (Orange County Sheriff Department AR seizure): <broken link removed>

Defended charges of illegal carry, established shotgun is not concealable upon the person: Just in Time for Christmas . . . Yet Another Win for The Calguns Foundation! - Calguns.net

<broken link removed>

And by the way, they've just (on Friday) announced a lawsuit against... Los Angeles County (largest county in the nation) Sheriff.

San Carlos, CA (March 9, 2012) – Continuing its Carry License Sunshine and Compliance Initiative, The Calguns Foundation (CGF) has filed a lawsuit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Los Angeles Sheriff Leroy “Lee” Baca, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, and Los Angeles County. The case, entitled Jennifer Lu, et al. v. County of Los Angeles, et al., challenges the Sheriff’s ban on accepting and processing applications for carry licenses submitted by city residents.

Not only things have become better in California since you left (I assume you moved 3 years ago), but there is a major force there right now fighting to bring the firearms laws to average national standards.

Defended legal AR (Orange County Sheriff Department AR seizure): Calguns Foundation - CGF at Work: AR-15 Returned to Owner, No Charges Filed!

Calguns Foundation - What has CGF done for me lately?

San Carlos, CA (March 9, 2012) &#8211; Continuing its Carry License Sunshine and Compliance Initiative, The Calguns Foundation (CGF) has filed a lawsuit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Los Angeles Sheriff Leroy "Lee" Baca, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, and Los Angeles County. The case, entitled Jennifer Lu, et al. v. County of Los Angeles, et al., challenges the Sheriff's ban on accepting and processing applications for carry licenses submitted by city residents.

I left 1 year and 2 months ago. That incident was from 4 years ago, if that's old so be it.

You are giving evidence that LEO's often let the courts sort out whats legal or not without regard to a persons rights. Also a lot of your links must be outdated.

You are giving evidence that LEO's often let the courts sort out whats legal or not without regard to a persons rights. Also a lot of your links must be outdated.

Most of those cases never reached a judge. Links are taken from the CGF website, some of them are indeed broken, but relevant cases can be easily looked up on calguns.net. Let me know if you're interested in any specific case, I can find the info (just too lazy to do it for all of them).

Most of those cases never reached a judge. Links are taken from the CGF website, some of them are indeed broken, but relevant cases can be easily looked up on calguns.net. Let me know if you're interested in any specific case, I can find the info (just too lazy to do it for all of them).

I understand that.

My point still stands; by these incidents becoming cases, someone was accused of doing something that was illegal, most likely by a LEO. I am happy to hear that a lot of these incidents are being thrown out.

(Don't get me wrong, I have had several LEO's I have liked and two I have held personal friendships with)

I understand that.

My point still stands; by these incidents becoming cases, someone was accused of doing something that was illegal, most likely by a LEO. I am happy to hear that a lot of these incidents are being thrown out.

(Don't get me wrong, I have had several LEO's I have liked and two I have held personal friendships with)

That's the nationwide reality, not just California. All of that is largely due to SCOTUS decisions granting various levels of immunity to LEA's. And some people pay with their lives for that, not just with their freedom or firearms :

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

There is a specific court case, Basically every time the defendant would bring up federal law, the judge would strike down what he stated as irrelevant.

I was asking a few my friends and they are thinking I am mixing up a tax evasion case with a firearms case: still looking but I apologies for mixing up my facts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top