JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend once told me that he kept his gun in a small lockable gun case with a combo lock. He would leave the combo in the "open" position and just move one of the numbers if checked.

A friend once told me that he kept his gun in a small lockable gun case with a combo lock. He would leave the combo in the "open" position and just move one of the numbers if checked.

I like it!:s0155:

I go down there a couple times a year to visit family, and wasn't sure how to get around the rule...:D

Sidenote, the trunk comment about not locking in a case also or with a trigger lock is illegal. Don't forget when you get off I-5 those different City ordinances come into play and their are places that outlaw guns (period).

I like it!:s0155:

I go down there a couple times a year to visit family, and wasn't sure how to get around the rule...:D

Sidenote, the trunk comment about not locking in a case also or with a trigger lock is illegal. Don't forget when you get off I-5 those different City ordinances come into play and their are places that outlaw guns (period).

The combo box is a great idea.

It does appear locked in the trunk is legal, although I personally would not recommend it

From the California firearm laws site. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2007.pdf

• The transportation or carrying of any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being
concealed upon the person by any citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years
who resides or is temporarily within this state, and is not within the excepted classes
prescribed by Penal Code Sections 12021 or 12021.1 or Welfare and Institutions Code sections
8100 or 8103, provided that the following applies:
- the firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the vehicle's trunk or in a locked container
in the vehicle other than the utility or glove compartment, and;
- when the firearm is carried by the person to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose, the
firearm must be contained in a locked container while being physically carried. (Penal Code §
12026.1.)

Also, from the site.

Notwithstanding the exceptions cited in Section 5. Loaded Firearms, individuals may not carry or
transport a loaded firearm. The firearm should be unloaded and placed in the trunk of the vehicle,
or if the vehicle has no trunk, placed in a fully enclosed secure locked container other than the utility
or glove compartment of a motor vehicle (Penal Code §§ 12026.1, 12027.)

But again I still would not recommend it, as we are in enemy territory when in California.

so, I know certain guns are on the list of "Californians cannot BUY them" (Mother May I... NO!!!) but, how about someone who already owns one on the "you can't buy it" list.. or someone travelling through that state in a car?

Seems Calif cannot preempt federal regs and make me leave my AR home, or my fifteen round mags, or surrender them at the border, or, any other crazy thing. Seems if it is legal under Federal law for me to own it here in Washington, and I am not in Calif to sell it, I can carry it through that state. My understanding is their magic Mother May I list designates which guns may/may not be bought after that law/list was passed.. which I think was 2008 or so.

I'd hate to think I have to check their list of legal to buy guns and only bring guns and accessories that are on it. Seems they should not be able to restrict interstate commerce by dictating what a non-resident can/cannot have in possession.

Anyone got clarification on this> I'd hate to have some overzealous copper with a burr under his saddleblanket find my Hi Powewr with a 13 round mag in it, and confiscate it... or my FN AR...... with a 30 round mag. BOTH are on the "you can't buy it here" list.

But, they already think the COnstitution is abrogated at the border.....

Here is a good summary of info. for interstate transportation of firearms.

<broken link removed>

Life was a lot simpler before I bought my first handgun. Sigh.... this whole craziness is getting to read like a Franz Kafka novel....... You'd think those pieces of machined steel sat round in a lot and conspired how they can, with no human help whatever, to kill, maim, destroy, disrupt..... no mere tools of the devil but the devil personified.

Insane.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads