JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There has been a bit of talk about classifying pistols as NFA and whether or not it ever comes to be, I've already considered the possibility of SBR'ing my favorite AR pistol.
The $200 tax for one lower doesn't bother me and it appears that Form 1's get processed rather quickly.

I live in Oregon but occasionally go to Washington to shoot at a range up in Camas. As I understand it, I can do that so long as I fill out a "once per year" form that tells the ATF my intention to travel. This part irritates me but it's not a deal breaker. I don't travel with my pistol loaded in my vehicle so that isn't an issue.

Is there anyone who has done this and can chime in about the process?

Yes the form one is an e-form. Its actually reaaally easy. The only physical part is the fingerprints and the cleo copy. The other form however i cant speak on
I've always done my Form 4s through Silencershop so my fingerprints and picture are recorded through them. I might contact them to see if the Form 1 can be done through them to save me some time. Thanks for the help.

And the 5320.20 form, approval to transport out of state, is usually valid for a year. So you would not need to do it every trip across the state line to plink...

The .20 is good for however long you put on the form for a max of 1 year. It is NOT automatically 1 year. So you need to put say June 1 2020 to May 31 2021. NOT June 1 to June 1
Also note the ATF only approves the forms for INTERSTATE travel despite requiring an address. So you can put Safefire's address on the form, but you can go wherever you want in the state with your gun, not just to Safefire.

I've always done my Form 4s through Silencershop so my fingerprints and picture are recorded through them. I might contact them to see if the Form 1 can be done through them to save me some time. Thanks for the help.
They have limited fourm 1s through them about 500 at a time and.they usally sell out moments after in stock

Screenshot_20201115-213645.png

it appears that Form 1's get processed rather quickly.

Depends on your definition of "rather quickly." I filed mine (for a trust) near the end of July when every NFA tracker I could find said it would be 3-5 weeks. Still haven't gotten it.

I know that ~4 months is nothing in ATF time, but it was certainly longer than I was led to believe it would be by online sources.

Depends on your definition of "rather quickly." I filed mine (for a trust) near the end of July when every NFA tracker I could find said it would be 3-5 weeks. Still haven't gotten it.

I know that ~4 months is nothing in ATF time, but it was certainly longer than I was led to believe it would be by online sources.
Are you sending in a paper form 1?

Mine , and I have 28 form 1's, have all been under 32 days . Most in the 18-23 day range.

I have a form 1 filled out on eforms before I pick a gun or receiver up at the store and while I am waiting for the BGC at the store I submit with the serial number..

Why would anyone do that? Efile form 1 is free. Fingerprint cards are free and a$7 ink pad last for 50 sets of fingerprints.
Do you have to mail in the set of fingerprints or scan them in? That's helpful, I did not know it would be that easy.

I've been told form 1's go in under a month. I'm used to waiting a year for suppressors but I guess it doesn't really matter since I at least have the pistol in the mean time. With suppressors you're tying up $1k in something you can't use for a year. Glad I got that behind me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top