JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have seen this question a few times. I am always left wanting to put my opinion in but not wanting to be roasted. So here it goes...will I be on vacation without being able to protect my family or myself due to a law. NO. Sorry I will always carry in a safe manner with no one else the wiser. In car, camp grounds etc. The chance is worth it to me. I would not in a business that frowns on it though. Just would not put myself there. To each there own.

You're not unique in having such philosophy. And there is a standard counter to it - can you protect your family when you're in jail ?

If my wife and kids are ok and the perp that meant them harm is no longer with us, send me to jail. I did what I had to.

This approach is inconsistent with your earlier statement. First you were worried about some abstract danger out there, which justifies to you carrying a gun at all times, even when it would be against the law. Then you're saying it's okay for you to be locked up, because a particular perp is no longer out there, and your family has nothing to worry about.

Fair enough.
I'd consider MYSELF imprudent to take a voluntary trip, somewhere I had to choose between unsafe or illegal. That doesn't make either of us right or wrong.
It does mean, for ME personally, I'll be more relaxed. Being naked (unarmed), worried (illegally armed) or in jail, makes it hard for me to enjoy a vacation.

Not a lawyer, but I believe you are OK with a weapon in a rented residence; even if it's only for one night. One of the biggest issues I have about traveling with my guns...:(

One of the reason I like to travel in our motorhome!! Just got back from a 3000 mile trip through OR, CA, AZ, NV and home through OR again. I did follow the state laws while in the various states, but at night when stopped I had loaded weapons in my home!

One of the reason I like to travel in our motorhome!! Just got back from a 3000 mile trip through OR, CA, AZ, NV and home through OR again. I did follow the state laws while in the various states, but at night when stopped I had loaded weapons in my home!

Any black helicopter encounters ? :D

I drove on some stretches of highway so far out there that the radio scan just goes around and around because it can't find a station. No cell service for an hour at a time. Passed vehicles going the other direction only every 20 mins or so. Amazing, open, beautiful country. I was very glad to have my m67 with me; it made the trip even more enjoyable. I also discovered that I am MORE careful than before. Keeping awareness has become kind of a self-challenging activity and I notice more things all the time. I didn't like the look of a skeevy group of guys so I hung out in the quick shop until they pulled out going in the other direction. I didn't go anywhere that I wouldn't have gone without a gun, but once I got there (new highway) I was glad to have it. After seeing the skeevy 3-guy group and imagining them pulling up if I had a flat, I concluded that 6 shots is not enough for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top