JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as the ferries in puget sound they are an extension of the freeways so it's just like driving down the freeway
Nothing to report to ANYONE
I believe the ferry that leaves Washington to go to Alaska is the same.

Alaska says as a "Walk-on passenger" you must check it....

Alaska Marine Highway System - Travel Policies
Alaska DOT said:
Walk-on passengers traveling with legal firearms or weapons on AMHS vessels are required to check these items with an AMHS loading officer. All firearms must be unloaded and ammunition stowed separately from the firearms.

Ray

Being around the commercial fishing business a bit, you can be assured that the captains of a lot of those vessels have firearms on board. I remember watching an episode of Deadliest Catch and they were remembering somebody that had died, they were lighting some fireworks and Jonathan Hillstrand came out with an AR and dumped a full magazine in the ocean in tribute. Being out at sea hundreds of miles, probably not running into pirates in the Bering Sea, but I get the idea of having plenty of firepower on board.

Most guide and private vessel captains probably would like your weapons to blast the gdamn salmon stealing sea lions.

Down at Newport i always kept a 45 on the boat for shootin halibut. They really put on a show if ya bring em in the boat with some life left.:D

When you get to international waters, then things get more complicated.

Ever wonder why there are pirates off the Somali coast? Well the UN made the whole area gun-free. Do you not think some owner / insurer would not put a team on board a $100million shipment to protect it, if the
y could?

Should you be in the Puget Sound / AK area, and carry, Do NOT Stray in to Canada's waters!
Same off of San Diego - although Mexico's waters.

Last thought If you go sea, set an aft watch.
It's been a couple of decades, but if I remember right - see Clancy's book Clear and Present Danger. (not the movie version) covers the reasons why.

Ever wonder why there are pirates off the Somali coast? Well the UN made the whole area gun-free. Do you not think some owner / insurer would not put a team on board a $100million shipment to protect it, if they could?

They can and do.

Generally, once you are in international waters, no nation is going to stop a vessel to inspect it for firearms. You are pretty much on your own against pirates although in that area they now have some navies patrolling the area and responding to pirates. But it is a big area; the ocean is a big place and it is hard to find things even with exact GPS coordinates - BTDT.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top