JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every couple of years I like to repost this to make sure people don't forget that Travelers Insurance is anti-gun. If you or your gun owning friends and family are with them, I suggest you switch. This is an actual scan of my actual denial letter.

Travelers Letter2.jpg

Travelers Letter2.jpg

Apparently it happens alot with those guys....It would appear that Travelers Insurance is anti-gun

And...http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/2011/02/are-gun-owners-being-dropped-insurance-policies

"Are Gun Owners Being Dropped From Insurance Policies?
by John Haughey

Insurance companies deny it but bloggers nationwide are documenting instances where gun owners have allegedly been dropped from property insurance policies because, they suspect, they had weapons in their homes.

Travelers Insurance and State Farm Insurance have both allegedly singled out gun owners for exclusion when renewing policies.

In a Feb. 16 news story in The Hartford Courant by Matthew Sturdevant, Travelers declined to comment about specific cases because its dealings with customers are private. While it insures guns from theft, it would not say if owning certain types of rifles and handguns is a risk that Travelers considers uninsurable.

"Every individual is evaluated on the particular risks," Travelers spokesman Matt Bordonaro told Sturdevant.

Gary Atkinson of Chapin, S.C., claims State Farm dropped his homeowner's insurance policy because he owned firearms, not because he was seeking to insure them.

Perhaps more alarming is a growing call from anti-gun extremists that all gun owners be required to pay insurance as a condition of legally possessing a firearm."

Yeah this was back in 2009. I've been with State Farm since then.

Every couple of years I like to repost this to make sure people don't forget that Travelers Insurance is anti-gun. If you or your gun owning friends and family are with them, I suggest you switch. This is an actual scan of my actual denial letter.

View attachment 75950

That is pretty disgusting. It is becoming more and more prevalent all the time.
There are some pretty good companies that sponsor groups like the NRA.
Might be good to look into.

Oregon Mutual Based in McMinnville covers my firearms for up to 30K as part of our enhanced home owners coverage. Our rates are very competitive and the 3-4 times we have had to make a claim (we also have our auto insurance with them) they have been johnny on the spot and very very helpful. Pretty sure this makes 25 years with them on the house and 23 years on the vehicles.

The only thing they have ever done is sent an inspector around to whine about things like construction debris leaning against the house or some other temp fire hazard. And a simple phone call solved those issues.

Thanks, I will make sure to never do business with them. We've had State Farm for years and they have never asked about guns. If they ever do they will lose our business which will hurt them. Not only do we have home owners through them, they insure three cars and we use their credit card to run all our business expenses, which adds up over the course of the year.
We also use them to insure rental property we own and our second home and it will cost them if they ever mention the word "gun".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top