JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is an outdoor shooting area in the Trask Unit that needs some attention; if anyone is interested in a spring-cleaning group-project/effort, I will send them a picture and the location.

Maybe we can set a date to take some residue from the area.

I'd post the picture here but I don't think it is appropriate with today's "climate".

Thanks

I am in. My youngest brother died in a jeep roll over accident, Labor Day weekend 2008 up in the trask unit.

I've got a mega cab dodge 3/4 ton so I can haul 3 to 4 other guys/gals asides some trash.

Would be a great opportunity for some non-supporting members to become a bronze supporter.

SF-

Super folks; I can send you specific location(s) & pics (if you PM me your email).

For some reason, I cannot attach pics to PMs.

The general area is West of Carlton on Meadowlake Road before McGuire Res.

A consensus is building for two projects; one in March and one in April. We haven't figured out which days yet (open for suggestions). I'm retired so I can go just about any day/time.

I currently watch 25+ shooting areas in the Trask Unit and I'm always interested in learning of new sites, so please send me a latitude & longitude so I can add it to my data-base.

Developing....

I think I have all the PMs (with locations) sent, thanks for all the support. We will figure out
the best day(s).

Here is why the range is difficult to police; futile/dangerous to try this alone.

There are 3 ranges (L, C & R). All three ranges shoot into roughly the same impact area. Access to ranges R is in a blind spot.

Somebody/group will have to occupy all three ranges in order for us to safely police L, C & the impact area.

Only the "R" range can be policed without additional support; that is why it is the cleanest range of the three. I hope this makes sense.

Simply stated, when we go in to clean, we must control access/usage into/of all three ranges.

Safety first/litter second; some people even stop at the entrance (just off the pavement) and shoot towards the other ranges; insane!

The fourth range is off all by itself and only needs TLC.

More to follow......

I'm working solid through most of March, but could be available late March and part of April. Let me know the schedule, and If I am free I'll help.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top