JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And people wonder why they are closing are public lands bit by bit??!! It is sad to see shooters leaving a mess like that. This is not the picture we need anti-gunners and environmentalists toting around!

Anybody know how much it'd take to make up some of those corrugated plastic yard signs that explains the consequences of leaving shooting areas trashed? It might help a little - I imagine a lot of this is simply Bubba not having a clue that it's anything more than mildly irritating for other shooters. This is what his own yard looks like, afterall.

I'd be willing to chip in for a dozen or so signs to pass out to people to stick at their local shooting spots.

Yikes, that is unbelieveable. The pit up on Larch Mtn isn't even that bad. I try my hand at cleaning places like that up, but its demoralizing to come back only a few weeks later and find that the trash is there again. Us responsible shooters just can't seem to get ahead.

Horrible, but not unbelievable sadly. To find a place the "bubba's" don't frequent (and if thats the spot i think it is), you'll need to head up past the reservoir. I don't even slow down to listen there anymore, its always trashed and usually occupied. I don't want to be associated with anything related to that, really. I actually saw a small fiberglass fishing boat shot to pieces in that same spot one time last year.

It may help. But knowing the "bubbas" that frequent this area, they would probably end up as targets themselves.

Hmm, what about cutting a hole into the center of the sign? That would leave it donut-shaped and might make the sign a less satisfying target.

Another idea - hide trail cameras around the site. Capture the license plates of those who don't pick up, then post them here. Call it a "hall of shame". If a LEO anonymously ran the plates and posted names, even better. :)

wow, i know the area in question, and i also know shooting is prohibited there. been years since i drove by but looks to be out of control.

I know it was posted this past spring when i last drove in there, and on sunday there were a few people a ways back off the asphalt before you head up into the clearing as we drove past, but i usually hear shooting as i drive through, so i know people still frequent that spot. I just showed my brother those pictures, and he said hes seen it much worse before unfortunately, garbage all the way back into what are now seedlings another 30-40 feet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top