JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mr Kaser said he had removed a safety covering at the end of the auger in the winter to make the equipment fit under a grain bin, and told ABC News he was "kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't think of fixing that thing".

Mr Kaser said he had removed a safety covering at the end of the auger in the winter to make the equipment fit under a grain bin, and told ABC News he was "kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't think of fixing that thing".

There was an older farmer where I grew up who lost his junk when he stepped over a PTO shaft. He'd taken the shielding off so there was no protection. It took off his ball bearing drive right quick. He was able to sit more much lady like when it was over...

Always amazed at these stories. I've heard similar:

* Almost identical story of an oil field worker, IIRC, with a leg caught and cutting it off with a pocket knife and crawling to the highway.
* Guy in his house basement somehow got an arm caught in a furnace and couldn't leverage or get it released, sawed it off with a small knife.
* Teenage farm kid lost both arms instantly from some sort of farm thresher combine vehicle, and crawled to the house and dialed the phone with his face.

Amazing these folks managed to survive...

Now that a tough situation.
On the program I Survived, a guy got his arm stuck in some sort of a corn picker and had to use his utility knife to severe his arm at the elbow when the machine caught fire due to the "jam".
Luckily for him as he made his way to the highway from the field the first person to stop was an EMT.
Amazing that a small puncture and you're toast while others severe limbs with pocket knives and survive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top