Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Trapdoor restoration help

Reactions
I got lucky and got an 1884 Springfield Trapdoor on Gunbroker for $600 in mint condition except it has light surface rust everywhere. Its in the bore, the stock, and metals. its almost like a combination of rust, grease,dirt etc.
What is the best way to remove it? I've heard using just olive oil and a soft towel and many hours will do it.

Bigbaddude

Reactions
I heard the same thing about olive oil. Have never used it but would love to see before and after pictures to see how good it works if you go that route.

jbett98

Reactions
Kano Labs makes it. The stuff really works.
Best to order direct from them, hard to find locally.
I have both (spray can and can with spout)

Order direct online (Kano Labs) or for more information call
800-311-3374
Tel:615-833-4860
Fax:615-833-5790

LATEST REVIEWS

• Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    It has been a while since I have been in the store just because I don't get to downtown Tigard...
    • bobcat7677
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul

Staff online