Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Trap shooting?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Rammer80, May 28, 2009.

1. Rammer80

Rammer80 Beaverton Member

I looked through the forums and I didn't really see anything about places to Trap shoot near Portland/Beaverton. I know the Tri-gun country club but theres tons of membership stuff there. and Browns is closed. So I don't know where else I could possibly do it.

2. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

I know of a nice place in Sandy... but that is a bit of a drive for you....

3. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

Tri County has public trap and skeet on Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-9:30 PM. You don't have to be a member but I am not sure how much it costs.

There is a trap field on Sauvie Island that is free. It is open from mid April to bird season. Bring your own launcher and steel shot only. They write big tickets for even having lead shot in your car. Make sure you have a parking pass as well.

4. Rammer80

Okay thanks. I think I'll try the island. Do you have exact directions?

5. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

6. Rammer80

Okay thanks. I'll probably go give it a look this weekend. I'll come back and let you know if it is worth going to.

7. moparmike440

moparmike440 SW WA Member

If you ever make it out to the coast (Chinook Wa.) the Chinook Gun club is a great place to shoot trap $35.00 year members fee :thumbup:

8. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

9. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Check out the Portland Gun Club:
    4711 SE 174, south of Powell blvd
    Ph. 503-492-8752
    Shotgun only

10. toys

toys PDX Member

+1

if this is the one close to Hwy26 and sort of in a farming area its a nice range. iirc, its family run and they do a good job. what was sort of funny was at the skeet range, hwy26 is down range. not close enough to hit, but you can see the vehicles.

i also had my first try at Trap and there was an elderly couple that kicked our *** on the range iirc, they had 100% hits too. they were really nice and gave me alot of tips on how to shoot each position. i was using my friends Ruger Red label so it took some time to get accustomed to it.

iirc, they had sort of odd hours since they had neighbors.

11. Pukwudji

Pukwudji Hillsboro, OR Member

+1 for Hillsboro Trap and Skeet. It's about two miles off the freeway. It is a great range. I went their the first time I shot Trap and everyone was very helpful. It is easy to get into a short group to shoot. Everyone is helpful and friendly.

Toys, that isn't 26 you see at the end of the range but Zion Church road.

I don't think they do CC (cash and check only). Cost is $4.75 per round plus a $1 per day range use fee. Basically, $20 for four rounds.

-Brian

12. Rammer80

How many is a round?

13. Pukwudji

5 shots at each of five stations, so 25. Conveniently shot shells come in boxes of 25.

You have to buy your own ammo. I think shot size has to be 7.5 or smaller (might be 8 or smaller).

-Brian

14. Rammer80

I never fully understood the shot size. like you said.. still a N00b when it comes to firearms right now.

15. Pukwudji